Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: February Sweeps  (Read 5721 times)

TravisP

February Sweeps
« on: February 01, 2004, 06:59:26 AM »
Since we all know that Super Millionaire is planned for the end of the month, along with Pyramid's Classic Stars/Sweethearts/Good Vs Evil weeks and the start of All-Survivor.

Has anyone else is planning anything?

Will Syndie Millionaire be showing those college editions from the Play It arena or will that be shelved till May?

Timsterino

February Sweeps
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 07:31:14 AM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 07:59 AM\'] Will Syndie Millionaire be showing those college editions from the Play It arena or will that be shelved till May? [/quote]
 The College week from Walt Disney World will air during sweeps this month. I believe is is scheduled for 2/16 - 2/20 but I am not 100% sure yet on those dates.

Tim :-)

zachhoran

February Sweeps
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 09:37:09 AM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 06:59 AM\'] Since we all know that Super Millionaire is planned for the end of the month, along with Pyramid's Classic Stars/Sweethearts/Good Vs Evil weeks and the start of All-Survivor.

[/quote]
 J! will most certainly have something planned for Sweeps, I've forgotten what it is this year though. Pyramid will run another TofC the last week of this month.

I wonder if CBS will place the unaired TPIR primetime special(College students in audience) against one of the primetime Millionaire airings.

Fedya

February Sweeps
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 10:50:13 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 09:37 AM\'] [quote name=\'TravisP\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 06:59 AM\'] Since we all know that Super Millionaire is planned for the end of the month, along with Pyramid's Classic Stars/Sweethearts/Good Vs Evil weeks and the start of All-Survivor.

[/quote]
J! will most certainly have something planned for Sweeps, I've forgotten what it is this year though. Pyramid will run another TofC the last week of this month.

I wonder if CBS will place the unaired TPIR primetime special(College students in audience) against one of the primetime Millionaire airings. [/quote]
 Why would TPIR air their episodes at 10PM?  I would think TPIR fits in much better at 8PM.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

zachhoran

February Sweeps
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 10:53:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 10:50 AM\']
Why would TPIR air their episodes at 10PM?  I would think TPIR fits in much better at 8PM. [/quote]
 MIllionaire, like TPIR, probably fits in better at 8PM than it does at 10PM, but ABC is airing Millionaire at that time probably to avoid being in competition with the GSN reruns at 8PM EST. CBS MIGHT take a chance on programming the unaired TPIR show against one night of Millionaire. When the finale of Regis Millionaire aired in June 2002, a primetime TPIR was up against it and finished ninth or tenth for that ratings week IIRC.

Matt Ottinger

February Sweeps
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 11:45:13 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 11:53 AM\'] MIllionaire, like TPIR, probably fits in better at 8PM than it does at 10PM, but ABC is airing Millionaire at that time probably to avoid being in competition with the GSN reruns at 8PM EST. [/quote]
 ABC has many reasons for airing Millionaire at 10pm, but I can assure you, Zach, that avoiding the miniscule competition from a four-year-old rerun on a tiny cable channel is not one of them.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Don Howard

February Sweeps
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 11:49:01 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 09:37 AM\'] the unaired TPIR primetime special(College students in audience) [/quote]
 As opposed to the crowd they usually have. Sorry. There's nothing innovative about a Price Is Right featuring college students so my anticipation level for the upcoming spectacular doesn't get the mojo risin'. I do, however, hope it's not plunked against Super Millionaire as is speculated for I believe Regis and his $10,000,000 bills would win that handily.

rugrats1

February Sweeps
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2004, 12:02:48 PM »
When the finale of Regis Millionaire aired in June 2002, a primetime TPIR was up against it and finished ninth or tenth for that ratings week IIRC.

Though of course, the prime time Millionaire was already down for the count in the ratings, thanks to its constant nightly scheduling and the overuse of celebrity and theme shows.

ChuckNet

February Sweeps
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2004, 09:07:40 PM »

H2 is having what looks like another Classic TV Week from Feb 9-13...the guests that wk include Chad Everett, Diahann Carroll, Randolph Mantooth, and Loretta Swit. And I'll bet the ranch that the wks of Feb. 16 and 23 will be the annual College Tournament.

WoF's making a return visit to Phoenix this month, as well...their last stay was in 1997, noteworthy as the last week w/the original puzzle board.

J!, I believe, will be having its annual Teen Tournament this month.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Brandon Brooks

February Sweeps
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2004, 09:54:56 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 09:07 PM\'] And I'll bet the ranch that the wks of Feb. 16 and 23 will be the annual College Tournament. [/quote]
 See, I don't know.  If they do, Northwestern more than likely won't be a part, something which is kind of shocking to me.

Brandon Brooks

Craig Karlberg

February Sweeps
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2004, 05:42:48 AM »
Here's what I see in February sweeps:

J!:  Will 99.9% likely have its Teen Tournament.  Whether it's 2/9 or 2/16 I don't know for sure.  They might squeeze in a special week before that.

WoF:  As Chuck said, Wheel will go back to Pheonix for the first time in 7 years.  It's the first show there since the dismantling of the old puzzle board.

Millionaire:  Other than those weeks of shows from Orlando, I don't see anything else this month unless they pull another Millionaire surprise like last year.

H2:  Other than the Classic TV Week,  I'm not sure if a College Tournament is viable with its inpending cancellation.  Perhaps a final Tournament of Champions might go here.  If not, maybe in May.

Pyramid:  I can't say anything more than what's already posted here.  RIP Pyramid(1998-2004).

As far as FF & Street Smarts goes, I can't elaborate on their sweeps schedule because I haven't paid much attention to either show.

TPIR:  Outside of a possible College Million Dollar Spectacular, the daytime version will simply be new episodes.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 05:44:41 AM by Craig Karlberg »

Steve McClellan

February Sweeps
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2004, 06:56:30 AM »
J! will be in "normal" episodes the week of 2/23, so I guess that would put the Teen Tournament at 2/9.

zachhoran

February Sweeps
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2004, 09:44:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 05:42 AM\']
H2:  Other than the Classic TV Week,  I'm not sure if a College Tournament is viable with its inpending cancellation.  Perhaps a final Tournament of Champions might go here.  If not, maybe in May.

[/quote]
 Since Squares knows they're finito after this season, and they still have tape dates through late April IIRC, they might make the final two weeks of the season the TofC(last season there were a few more weeks of first-run regular episodes before the SUmmer reruns began). I suspect they'll also make sure the final bonus round on the final regular episode of this season ends at the end of the show somehow(even if it means giving both contestants the bonus trip or $10K or whatever)

Ian Wallis

February Sweeps
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2004, 09:59:06 AM »
Since Squares knows they're finito after this season, and they still have tape dates through late April IIRC, they might make the final two weeks of the season the TofC(last season there were a few more weeks of first-run regular episodes before the SUmmer reruns began). I suspect they'll also make sure the final bonus round on the final regular episode of this season ends at the end of the show somehow(even if it means giving both contestants the bonus trip or $10K or whatever)

I certainly hope they'll acknowledge their finale.  Each version of "Squares" has left with a great final episode (with the exception of "Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour" of course).  

Since "Squares" has aired new episodes in July before, I hope the last new episode won't air this July, as viewership probably won't be as high as it would if it aired in May.  Also, the past few years I've never been able to figure out exactly when in July the new episodes were coming.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

cmjb13

February Sweeps
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2004, 10:20:09 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:44 AM\'] [quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 05:42 AM\']
H2:  Other than the Classic TV Week,  I'm not sure if a College Tournament is viable with its inpending cancellation.  Perhaps a final Tournament of Champions might go here.  If not, maybe in May.

[/quote]
Since Squares knows they're finito after this season, and they still have tape dates through late April IIRC, they might make the final two weeks of the season the TofC(last season there were a few more weeks of first-run regular episodes before the SUmmer reruns began). I suspect they'll also make sure the final bonus round on the final regular episode of this season ends at the end of the show somehow(even if it means giving both contestants the bonus trip or $10K or whatever) [/quote]
 As reported a few months ago, Feb 22 is tentatively the last tape date for squares.

Usually tape dates for the whole season are released shortly after (sometimes before) the new season starts taping.

The fact that they haven't released extended dates so close to the last listed tape date and the fact that the show is cancelled, makes me think that they decided to cut their losses and end the season early.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS