Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wardrobe Malfunction  (Read 2659 times)

Little Big Brother

Wardrobe Malfunction
« on: February 02, 2004, 12:52:14 PM »
So the FCC is all up in arms over what happened during last night's half time show with Janet Jackson's "Wardrobe Malfunction".  The FCC is investigating and seems to want to raise all sorts of Holy Hell, especially after losing the Bono case.  

Anyway, I was thinking of the classic TPIR clip of the woman falling out of her tube top as she came on down and several questions came to mind.

1.  Did CBS get in trouble for showing the clip on the air?  Granted it was blacked out, or whatever they did at the time to obscure, but were there problems that resulted from it?

2.  If tube tops were still in style and a similar accident was to occur on TPIR today, would they still go on with the show (as I assume they did originally), or would they try to reshoot?

3.  Have there been other notable Game Show wardrobe malfunctions (this question is more for kicks and giggles)?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 12:52:39 PM by Little Big Brother »

catkins522

Wardrobe Malfunction
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 01:51:38 PM »
2. If tube tops were still in style and a similar accident was to occur on TPIR today, would they still go on with the show (as I assume they did originally), or would they try to reshoot?

On the ticket for TPiR, it is quoted, "No Tube Tops."

Charles
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 01:52:01 PM by catkins522 »
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

MikeK

• Martha!
Wardrobe Malfunction
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 02:13:33 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 01:51 PM\']
2. If tube tops were still in style and a similar accident was to occur on TPIR today, would they still go on with the show (as I assume they did originally), or would they try to reshoot?

Charles [/quote]
 When did this start?  I don't see anything specifically saying "no tube tops" on my TPiR tickets from October 2001.  There's "please, no costumes" and "street clothes only" but nothing about tube tops.

cmjb13

Wardrobe Malfunction
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 02:17:26 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 02:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 01:51 PM\']

Charles [/quote]
When did this start?  I don't see anything specifically saying "no tube tops" on my TPiR tickets from October 2001.  There's "please, no costumes" and "street clothes only" but nothing about tube tops. [/quote]
 Must have been a bad joke or I haven't seen the TPIR tickets recently (Last one I saw was from June 2001)
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Jimmy Owen

Wardrobe Malfunction
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 02:54:29 PM »
I don't know the details, but I heard an accidental exposure happened to Garry Moore on his live variety show eons ago.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

bricon

Wardrobe Malfunction
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 01:30:23 PM »
I don't know the details, but I heard an accidental exposure happened to Garry Moore on his live variety show eons ago.

Garry once started his variety show with his fly opened, but to quote Bill Cullen, he wasn't seen with his bird in his hand :)