Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game Music  (Read 3046 times)

Particleman

Match Game Music
« on: February 01, 2004, 03:14:04 PM »
Did the Match Game Hollywood Squares show and the later revival of Match Game use the same think music as was used in the 70's?  Also, does anyone know when the cowbell think music was added?  Were any additional think music songs added?

Another little tidbit: Since we don't have the electric guitar face-off cue from the original Family Feud, I am making an attempt to recreate it.  Other than my own musical talent, I have several friends in the music know-how and think I may be able to pull it off.  It would be cool to add it to my Feud software if nothing else.  Wish me luck!

Thanks.

BrandonFG

Match Game Music
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2004, 03:20:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 03:14 PM\'] Did the Match Game Hollywood Squares show and the later revival of Match Game use the same think music as was used in the 70's? [/quote]
 No to both. The closest to the 70s think music was in the 1998 revival, just updated, with what sounded like an electric metronome in the background.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

aaron sica

Match Game Music
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2004, 03:28:33 PM »
I believe that the think music in the 1998 version started out as the '70s version, and morphed into more updated music as the track went along.....

PeterMarshallFan

Match Game Music
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 03:31:22 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 04:28 PM\'] I believe that the think music in the 1998 version started out as the '70s version, and morphed into more updated music as the track went along..... [/quote]
 I have said think music, and you're correct.

BrandonFG

Match Game Music
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 04:01:28 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 03:28 PM\'] I believe that the think music in the 1998 version started out as the '70s version, and morphed into more updated music as the track went along..... [/quote]
 Shows how badly I've wanted to forget about MG 98. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Brandon Brooks

Match Game Music
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 04:20:59 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 03:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 03:14 PM\'] Did the Match Game Hollywood Squares show and the later revival of Match Game use the same think music as was used in the 70's? [/quote]
No to both. The closest to the 70s think music was in the 1998 revival, just updated, with what sounded like an electric metronome in the background. [/quote]
 Now, are y'all sure he's not talking about MG90?

Well, it doesn't matter, because the answer is still no.  It was updated think music.

Brandon Brooks

Card Shark

Match Game Music
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 05:12:20 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 03:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'Particleman\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 03:14 PM\'] Did the Match Game Hollywood Squares show and the later revival of Match Game use the same think music as was used in the 70's? [/quote]
No to both. The closest to the 70s think music was in the 1998 revival, just updated, with what sounded like an electric metronome in the background. [/quote]
 And speaking of which, there is a new cue that I've heard on TPIR this season that sounds like a horrible variation of the MG '98 theme. Has anyone else discovered this?
Adam Strom

ChuckNet

Match Game Music
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2004, 08:50:05 PM »

Well, it doesn't matter, because the answer is still no. It was updated think music.

As was MG-HS, in response to his other inquiry.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

JMFabiano

Match Game Music
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2004, 09:15:00 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 1 2004, 08:50 PM\']

Well, it doesn't matter, because the answer is still no. It was updated think music.

As was MG-HS, in response to his other inquiry.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
Well it was never the SAME music, as noted above.  But one Think Music piece on MG90 was an updated/MG90-fied version of the "Get ready to match the stars" TM from 7x.  Also, one of the MG/HS TM selections sounded VAGUELY like GRTMTS done on synthesizers, at least to me.  The melody is similar if you listen carefully.  Another MG/HS TM also seemed to try an updated version of the "wanks."  Except they sounded more like "Waaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Edit: After reading the above, isn't there a site that has all the 7x TM on it?  As for Cowbell, I want to say '76/'77.  Did they change the Head to Head Match music (to the better second version) at the same time it was introduced?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2004, 09:17:52 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.