Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An interesting classic GS production article...  (Read 4939 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
An interesting classic GS production article...
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2004, 09:33:46 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 08:41 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 08:25 PM\']
And there was a 2nd pilot produced, which was hosted by Roger Barkley... [/quote]
Without Al Lohman?????!!!! [/quote]
 Don't be a name dropper.

-C!
@lambertman

GSWitch

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2004, 09:37:43 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 08:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 08:41 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 08:25 PM\']
And there was a 2nd pilot produced, which was hosted by Roger Barkley... [/quote]
Don't be a name dropper.

-C! [/quote]
 Also, don't forget your "Bedtime Stories" (LOL)!

Bedtime Stories was the only Heatter-Quigley show to recycle a theme song, the closing theme of To Say The Least!

bricon

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2004, 01:26:08 PM »
Also in the mid-70s, Nipsey hosted a pilot for ABC (at the Elysee Theater) that was called "That's Life" on the tickets to the show and "The Ratings Game" on the actual pilot. It was a cross between Family Feud and The Better Sex. Two teams of three had to guess answers off a survey. They could either guess them themselves or challenge the other team ala Hot Potato. The team that survived played a bonus game where they had to guess to three answers in each of three categories such as "things about Jane Fonda" in 60 seconds (ala Pass The Buck.). If I recall correctly, Dick Heatherton, WCBS-FM DJ was the show's announcer.

A truly awful show in my opinion.  I have tickets to the show that say both "Ratings Game" and "The People's Choice".  The pilot I have is called "That's Life".  A lot of name changing went around for whatever reason.

Dick Heatherton is indeed the announcer.

uncamark

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2004, 06:31:44 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 09:37 PM\'][quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 08:33 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 08:41 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Feb 2 2004, 08:25 PM\']
Don't be a name dropper.

-C! [/quote]
Also, don't forget your "Bedtime Stories" (LOL)![/quote]
Oh, they wanted to forget that one...

I was in LA the week after "Bedtime Stories" was pulled off the air--I was listening to L&B on KFI and at least they were in good humor about the whole thing--I think they knew they had a dog from the beginning.