Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Super Millionaire Phone Game  (Read 4132 times)

JTFriends1

Super Millionaire Phone Game
« on: February 05, 2004, 04:41:06 PM »
The telephone qualifying game is back for ABC's revamp of WWTBAM, now called Super Millionaire.  Phone lines are open 7pm-3am ET February 16th-24th.  The phone number is 1-800-999-7878. More details are at Steve Beverly's web site:

www.tvgameshows.net

I'm sure they will be posted on the Super Millionaire site shortly.

---------------------

Edited by chris319
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 05:03:47 PM by chris319 »

grimmte

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 04:47:06 PM »
I'm in Canada so I can't play, but I wanna see reports from you Americans...who tried, how many questions did you get right, did you qualify, did you get a phone call back, etc etc. I would also like to see some posts of example questions to see what the difficulty level is.

Thanks!

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 04:55:33 PM »
Wow! They got rid of the 1-800-433-8321.

Wasn't this the phone number used for most of the original run?

Timsterino

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 09:55:00 PM »
It is no surprise that previous hotseaters are ineligible.

Good luck to everyone trying!
Tim :-)

Kniwt

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 10:15:34 PM »
Arrrrgh!  The rules!  Get a load of this, from http://abc.go.com/primetime/millionaire/ab.../ssm_rules.html

... Eligibility Calls will be made between 9:00AM ET and 12:00 Noon ET on the date specified during the Phone Game or Computer Game. One (1) attempt will be made to reach each randomly selected player and all calls will be recorded for quality control assurance purposes. Failure to allow phone calls to be recorded will result in the player forfeiting his/her right to continue the competition and the next randomly selected player will be contacted. If contact is not made with a player for any reason including, but not limited to, a busy signal, no answer, answering machine/service, out of range cell phone or otherwise, the player will forfeit his/her right to continue the competition and the next randomly selected player will be contacted.

That's 6AM for those of us out West.  And just one attempt to reach us now.

(I know, we all wanted the phone game back, and now we're gonna find a bazillion things wrong with the rules.)

JTFriends1

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 10:15:40 PM »
I apologize for this mistake - but I was so eager to post it!  The number is 1-888-999-7878...not 1-800.  Force of habit!

starcade

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 10:37:43 PM »
I think it's a matter of that there are probably so many people who want to get in that you agree to be unequivocably available during the time in question, so only one shot.

Better have Call Waiting...

starcade

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 10:38:58 PM »
And they have added a computer game for disabled players.  They're trying, at least, to check their bets...

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 10:43:37 PM »
That's 6AM for those of us out West. And just one attempt to reach us now.
Heck, if I have to be home for a phone call, I'd RATHER it be early in the morning when I'm not going to be anywhere else anyway.  Otherwise, I'm taking a morning off work in the tiny hopes that I get the call.

Mind you, I WILL take that morning off work...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Esoteric Eric

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2004, 11:31:37 PM »
[quote name=\'JTFriends1\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 07:15 PM\']I apologize for this mistake - but I was so eager to post it!  The number is 1-888-999-7878...not 1-800.  Force of habit![/quote]
You're not alone, JTF1; the Professor has the 800 number in his site's headline...

Esoteric Eric, now heading to the official site to read the rules and verify the number, 'cause he's anal like that...

EDIT: I'm back from the ABC Super Millionaire rules site; seems like the qualifying number is 1-800-999-7878, after all! (Just my luck, I try to bash SB, and he's right!) - EE
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 11:59:46 PM by Esoteric Eric »
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 05:29:23 AM »
I'm visually impared.  So does this computer game apply to me or do I have to do it by phone?  I wonder what type of questions will the 5 quallifying ones resemble?
Hopefully, it's not one of those "put these in order from such & such to such & such.

tomobrien

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 07:51:23 AM »
[quote name=\'JTFriends1\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 10:15 PM\']I apologize for this mistake - but I was so eager to post it!  The number is 1-888-999-7878...not 1-800.  Force of habit![/quote]
But from 3A of the ABC rules:
<<Players can enter the Contest by calling the toll free Contest number 1-800-999-7878 and playing the Phone Game.>>
They've also got 800 lower in the paragraph as well...

Timsterino

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 07:53:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Craig Karlberg\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 06:29 AM\'] I'm visually impared.  So does this computer game apply to me or do I have to do it by phone?  I wonder what type of questions will the 5 quallifying ones resemble?
Hopefully, it's not one of those "put these in order from such & such to such & such. [/quote]
Craig,

You probably will qualify for the computer game since you are visually impaired. They are expanding the rules next week and you will then know for sure.

The questions will be five fastest finger type questions increasing in difficulty. An example would be:

Put these products in order of their original release starting with the most recent: 1. Sunkist 2. Coca-Cola 3. Pepsi 4. DnL.

You will have 10 seconds to answer each question and you can only enter each number once, no corrections allowed. If you miss one, you are done for the day. If you get all five correct you go into a pool for the tape date that you selected. If you get called for a tape date, you will be in the RoF for that date. Once you qualify for a tape date, you can not qualify anymore.

Good luck!
Tim :-)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 08:00:52 AM by Timsterino »

goongas

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 12:36:44 PM »
My understanding of the rules is that if you cannot use a phone, then you can use the computer game.  I would think the disability they are referring to is hearing-impaired people.

zachhoran

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2004, 07:40:59 PM »
Here's a question: Would the Syndie Millionaire save on production costs for their probable third season by using the phone game to audition contestants as opposed to doing the traditional audition method and contestant searches they've been doing.