Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TTTT episode  (Read 2809 times)

BrandonFG

TTTT episode
« on: February 04, 2004, 11:28:32 AM »
I was reading the TTTT opinions over at jumptheshark.com and came across one poster's memory of an episode. According to poster, Kitty Carslie pretended to have a heart attack, and was revived by a defibulator, only to find that the heart attack was a setup to introduce the inventor of the defibulator.

This seems pretty interesting, does anyone remember this episode, and would be willing to elaborate more? Thanks.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TTTT episode
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 11:41:40 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 09:28 AM\'] This seems pretty interesting, does anyone remember this episode, and would be willing to elaborate more? Thanks. [/quote]
 "Interesting" isn't the phrase I'd use. "Horribly tasteless", perhaps, but not "interesting".
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DjohnsonCB

TTTT episode
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2004, 12:23:03 PM »
Was it during the syndicated run with Garry Moore or Joe Gargiola hosting that this took place?  Seems unthinkable that Bud Collyer would have tolerated a stunt like this.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

calliaume

TTTT episode
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2004, 12:24:59 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 11:28 AM\'] I was reading the TTTT opinions over at jumptheshark.com and came across one poster's memory of an episode. According to poster, Kitty Carslie pretended to have a heart attack, and was revived by a defibulator, only to find that the heart attack was a setup to introduce the inventor of the defibulator.

This seems pretty interesting, does anyone remember this episode, and would be willing to elaborate more? Thanks. [/quote]
 According to a poster on Jump the Shark, Hollywood Squares jumped when Nipsey Russell became the center square.

Take anything you read on that site with a grain of salt.

BrandonFG

TTTT episode
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2004, 12:31:36 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 12:23 PM\'] Was it during the syndicated run with Garry Moore or Joe Gargiola hosting that this took place?  Seems unthinkable that Bud Collyer would have tolerated a stunt like this. [/quote]
 According to the poster, Garagiola was host, so, the syndie run. Of course, as Curt said, I could also take that with a grain of salt, because I wonder if Goodson would've even allowed something like that on a show deemed so "classy."
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jimmy Owen

TTTT episode
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2004, 01:19:06 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 12:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 12:23 PM\'] Was it during the syndicated run with Garry Moore or Joe Gargiola hosting that this took place?  Seems unthinkable that Bud Collyer would have tolerated a stunt like this. [/quote]
According to the poster, Garagiola was host, so, the syndie run. Of course, as Curt said, I could also take that with a grain of salt, because I wonder if Goodson would've even allowed something like that on a show deemed so "classy." [/quote]
 Armadillos pooping on Durward Kirby is classy?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

calliaume

TTTT episode
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2004, 01:30:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 01:19 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 12:31 PM\'] [quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 12:23 PM\'] Was it during the syndicated run with Garry Moore or Joe Gargiola hosting that this took place?  Seems unthinkable that Bud Collyer would have tolerated a stunt like this. [/quote]
According to the poster, Garagiola was host, so, the syndie run. Of course, as Curt said, I could also take that with a grain of salt, because I wonder if Goodson would've even allowed something like that on a show deemed so "classy." [/quote]
Armadillos pooping on Durward Kirby is classy? [/quote]
Hey, Durward started it, he pooped on the armadillo backstage.

In truth (they got the clip from one of my tapes), the armadillo urinated, and the only person it may have hit was Garry Moore.  They could have edited the tape, but it was a funny bit.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2004, 01:58:25 PM by calliaume »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
TTTT episode
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2004, 05:11:52 PM »
I wonder if Goodson would've even allowed something like that
Speaking on behalf of Goodson-Todman Productions I can tell you he wouldn't have.

ChuckNet

TTTT episode
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2004, 08:19:39 PM »
According to a poster on Jump the Shark, Hollywood Squares jumped when Nipsey Russell became the center square.

And further down, another poster complains the current version jumped when it featured stars like Mr. Bean, Smash Mouth, and Seth Green...none of whom appeared on the current version. Not to mention the poster who complains the current version has no "pick-your-poison endgame where you select a car and the key to go with it"...someone hasn't watched the show in at least a year-and-1/2, LOL.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

DrJWJustice

TTTT episode
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2004, 10:09:49 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 12:24 PM\'] According to a poster on Jump the Shark, Hollywood Squares jumped when Nipsey Russell became the center square.

Take anything you read on that site with a grain of salt. [/quote]
 You mean kinda like we do with The Perfessor's site?

JMFabiano

TTTT episode
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2004, 03:43:58 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 01:30 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 4 2004, 01:19 PM\']
Armadillos pooping on Durward Kirby is classy? [/quote]
Hey, Durward started it, he pooped on the armadillo backstage. [/quote]
 I'm fighting off the temptation to say, "Durwood Kirby **it his pants, it's TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Whoops, guess I just did ;-)  

As for Mr. Bean being on HS, of course you'd expect me to say it's a shame he wasn't.  That would have been interesting.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

DjohnsonCB

TTTT episode
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2004, 09:26:57 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Feb 5 2004, 03:43 PM\']
I'm fighting off the temptation to say, "Durwood Kirby **it his pants, it's TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Whoops, guess I just did ;-)  

[/quote]
 Sorry...not good enough.  Off to the TTD'90 room with ya!
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel