Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Art Sanders on TPIR........  (Read 5736 times)

tyshaun1

Art Sanders on TPIR........
« on: February 06, 2004, 11:05:22 AM »
Today's episode is the first appearance of Roger announcing TPIR. Sounds like a cross between Daniel Rosen (with more enthusiasm) and Randy. Not bad, but not particularly great, either.

Tyshaun

Correction: It's Art Sanders, not Roger Rose.......
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 11:07:08 AM by tyshaun1 »

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 11:06:16 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 11:05 AM\'] Today's episode is the first appearance of Roger announcing TPIR. Sounds like a cross between Daniel Rosen (with more enthusiasm) and Randy. Not bad, but not particularly great, either.

Tyshaun [/quote]
 Bob just called him Art.

tyshaun1

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 11:08:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 11:06 AM\'] [quote name=\'tyshaun1\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 11:05 AM\'] Today's episode is the first appearance of Roger announcing TPIR. Sounds like a cross between Daniel Rosen (with more enthusiasm) and Randy. Not bad, but not particularly great, either.

Tyshaun [/quote]
Bob just called him Art. [/quote]
Yep, just caught it right after I posted.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 11:08:30 AM by tyshaun1 »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 11:17:34 AM »
Can topic headings be changed?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2004, 11:31:33 AM »
With all due respect to Mr. Sanders, he's a step above Rosen.  (I know that's not saying much. :-P)  He sounds a skosh like Randy W. but without the enthusiasm.

Let me pose this hypothetical question about TPiR:  When Barker retires or goes to the big studio in the sky, will Fremantle have an endless carousel of hosts, a la what's happened as of late with the models and announcers?

tyshaun1

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2004, 11:42:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 11:17 AM\'] Can topic headings be changed? [/quote]
 Apparently not; I tried to edit my header as well as my post, however, there is no option to do so. C'est la vie..........

Tyshaun

cmjb13

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2004, 11:59:15 AM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 11:31 AM\'] Let me pose this hypothetical question about TPiR:  When Barker retires or goes to the big studio in the sky, will Fremantle have an endless carousel of hosts, a la what's happened as of late with the models and announcers? [/quote]
 My guess would be no.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 02:23:04 PM »
Topic titles can be edited only by your benevolent dictators.  I changed this one to go along with the rest of this thread -- but are we sure this guy's name is Art Sanders?  I thought we figured out that the name was different and the cbs.com web site was wrong.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TV Favorites

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 03:05:24 PM »
Did he the usual announcer outro at the end of the show?  "This is ____ speaking for ...."

Don Howard

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 03:15:57 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 03:05 PM\'] Did he the usual announcer outro at the end of the show?  "This is ____ speaking for ...." [/quote]
 He did and identified himself as Art Sanders.

tyshaun1

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2004, 03:17:03 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 03:05 PM\'] Did he the usual announcer outro at the end of the show?  "This is ____ speaking for ...." [/quote]
 At the end of the show today, he said "This is Art Sanders, speaking for The Price Is Right..........."

Yep, his name is Art Sanders.

Tyshaun

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 06:24:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 6 2004, 02:23 PM\'] Topic titles can be edited only by your benevolent dictators.  I changed this one to go along with the rest of this thread -- but are we sure this guy's name is Art Sanders?  I thought we figured out that the name was different and the cbs.com web site was wrong. [/quote]
 The source that listed Art Sanders as something else was wrong.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2004, 09:26:59 PM »
>> The source that listed Art Sanders as something else was wrong.
Apparently, it may have come from golden-road.net. I remember when they mentioned that someone by the name of Art ASTOR was trying out. A search someone did turned up an Art Astor who worked in LA radio [IIRC, he actually had management involvement with some stations]. But we now know that it's Sanders, and I bet I'm not the only one wondering, "who is this guy???"
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2004, 09:35:13 PM »
With all the work he has done for CBS daytime over the years, I wonder why Brad Sanders hasn't tried out.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.