Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Come on down and meet CGI Bob!  (Read 1942 times)

DrBear

Come on down and meet CGI Bob!
« on: February 09, 2004, 08:49:38 PM »
After:
1. One too many "who'll replace BB on TPIR" threads
2. The "could somebody sub for BB" thread which included the suggestion that somebody fill in for Bob with Bob inserted later
3. Seeing part of the Super Bowl pregame where the NFL Today hosts were portrayed, video game style, talking about the game

Will we reach the point soon where a computer-generated Bob could be made to host the show? A realistic, 3D Bob? And if so, what age?

OK, this may be the strangest post I've ever made.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 09:13:46 PM »
[quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 08:49 PM\'] After:
2. The "could somebody sub for BB" thread which included the suggestion that somebody fill in for Bob with Bob inserted later
3. Seeing part of the Super Bowl pregame where the NFL Today hosts were portrayed, video game style, talking about the game

Will we reach the point soon where a computer-generated Bob could be made to host the show? A realistic, 3D Bob? And if so, what age?

OK, this may be the strangest post I've ever made. [/quote]
 (Vsions of Cyber-Lucy)

Fremantle might be run by morons, but I think they have more sense than that. :-P

Then again, "This Week in Baseball" did something similar with Mel Allen.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 10:17:26 PM »
Hell, I'd watch it. LOL.

Starkman

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 10:56:13 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 09:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'DrBear\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 08:49 PM\'] After:

OK, this may be the strangest post I've ever made. [/quote]
(Vsions of Cyber-Lucy)

Fremantle might be run by morons, but I think they have more sense than that. :-P

Then again, "This Week in Baseball" did something similar with Mel Allen. [/quote]
 Yeah, after Ozzie Smith flopped as host, they used a clay puppet of a middle aged Mel a la the Lipton Brisk ads.

But I think the show's nature precludes using a CGI bob. Interesting thought though, think its getting late though ;)

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 04:01:45 PM »
Like I said the other day--20 years from now, the BarkerBot 2010 will be doing "TPIR."  Programmed complete with everything, including "why--didn't--you--say--that--ten--minutes--ago?" and "we--can't--start--it--again--for--thirty--seven--hours."