Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Merv Griffin as a PAF  (Read 2046 times)

TravisP

Merv Griffin as a PAF
« on: February 09, 2004, 02:16:16 PM »
I'm just amazed that this happened as on today's 2004 Season Premiere of Aussie Millionaire which featured a 2 Hour "Blind Date" Special. They claim it was a World Premiere but the Brits did it first in 2003.

One of the matchmaking couples Kirk Westwood and Michelle Willams reached to $32K and got stuck on the $64K and decided to use Kirk's PAF which was none other than Merv Griffin!

Of course he did give them the right answer but missing out the $125K question to leave with $32K.

http://sites.ninemsn.com.au/minisite/milli...re/thisweek.asp
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 02:20:03 PM by TravisP »

CherryPizza

Merv Griffin as a PAF
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 06:07:56 PM »
I just thought it was hysterical that Eddie was so determined to get Merv on the line, and the couple phoned him even though it probably wasn't his area of expertise.

Oh and to see the inarticulate, insincere wannabe game show host worshipping the ground on which Merv walked was pure gold!

In an episode that moved at the pace of a retarded snail, with me screaming just about every answer at the TV, it was by far the highlight of the night

Jay Temple

Merv Griffin as a PAF
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 12:13:28 AM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 05:07 PM\'] at the pace of a retarded snail [/quote]
 That phrase is doubly funny because to say that a person is retarded is literally to say that something "retards," or slows, his learning.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

uncamark

Merv Griffin as a PAF
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 03:48:43 PM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 06:07 PM\']I just thought it was hysterical that Eddie was so determined to get Merv on the line, and the couple phoned him even though it probably wasn't his area of expertise.

Oh and to see the inarticulate, insincere wannabe game show host worshipping the ground on which Merv walked was pure gold!

In an episode that moved at the pace of a retarded snail, with me screaming just about every answer at the TV, it was by far the highlight of the night[/quote]
Production meeting afterwards:  "Let's change the rules to say that all Phone-a-Friends must live in Australia."