Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show DVDs on eBay  (Read 2471 times)

DjohnsonCB

Game Show DVDs on eBay
« on: February 09, 2004, 04:49:56 PM »
Not long ago I saw that there was a seller on eBay called rerunmedia who was selling copies of old game shows on DVD, including the B/W Match game from the 60s (the few surviving ones).  People have bid up to $41 on these and I wondered if this is legal and in line with eBay policy?  If it is, there's no doubt I'd love to have a copy (the VHS I have of the Jayne Mansfield show leaves a bit to be desired quality-wise).  I honestly don't know if anyone here ever bid on them.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

Jimmy Owen

Game Show DVDs on eBay
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 05:05:20 PM »
If he has obtained permission from the copyright owner or the shows are in the public domain, it's okay.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2004, 05:09:34 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

mctoyboy

Game Show DVDs on eBay
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 08:52:19 PM »
Plus eBay doesn't want to monitor every auction for copyright infringment...they've chosen to leave that to the actual c. holders =)
j

tvrandywest

Game Show DVDs on eBay
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 11:51:58 PM »
Want old game shows on DVD?

Shokus

He's got some awesome stuff. Stuart used to work on TorC and was Lucy's personal archivist. I've found him to be totally professional, completely honest and thoroughly reputable. Tell Stuart I sent ya!

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Matt Ottinger

Game Show DVDs on eBay
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 01:17:35 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 10 2004, 12:51 AM\'] Stuart used to work on TorC and was Lucy's personal archivist. I've found him to be totally professional, completely honest and thoroughly reputable. Tell Stuart I sent ya! [/quote]
 And ask me to tell you someday about an evening I spent listening to Randy and Stuart swap showbiz stories.  A weird but fascinating night.

And Randy's right, Stuart's the best.  I still have the Betamax tapes I bought from him back in the 1980s.  He cares about quality, he makes sure he's got permission if necessary, and he knows what it's like to be a fan.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

tomobrien

Game Show DVDs on eBay
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 08:10:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Feb 10 2004, 01:17 AM\'][quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 10 2004, 12:51 AM\'] Stuart used to work on TorC and was Lucy's personal archivist. I've found him to be totally professional, completely honest and thoroughly reputable. Tell Stuart I sent ya! [/quote]
And ask me to tell you someday about an evening I spent listening to Randy and Stuart swap showbiz stories.  A weird but fascinating night.

And Randy's right, Stuart's the best.  I still have the Betamax tapes I bought from him back in the 1980s.  He cares about quality, he makes sure he's got permission if necessary, and he knows what it's like to be a fan.[/quote]
An amen to Randy's and Matt's messages.  Consistently fine quality, fair prices, incredibly fast shipping and service...and great stories, too!

uncamark

Game Show DVDs on eBay
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 03:42:03 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 9 2004, 11:51 PM\']Want old game shows on DVD?

Shokus

He's got some awesome stuff. Stuart used to work on TorC and was Lucy's personal archivist. I've found him to be totally professional, completely honest and thoroughly reputable. Tell Stuart I sent ya!
[/quote]
And some of us will remember Stuart's appearance on the "Greed" TV experts show, where he *wasn't* on the team that thought that Chuck Woolery never hosted "Wheel of Fortune."

TwoInchQuad

Game Show DVDs on eBay
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 06:49:09 PM »
I'll second all the things everyone's mentioned about Stu, too... he's been at this a long time and knows his business **inside out**... plus, he's a great guy!!  :^)

But, I do like to think that we at rerunmedia bring **something** to the shows that we release... between locating the shows, performing the audio and/or video restorations, and designing the package graphics, there's a fair amount of effort that goes into all of our discs, and I like to think that those who order them are pleased with our efforts.

Out of respect for Matt & Chris' efforts, however, I don't want to turn this into a commercial for my company, which is why there are no formal announcements here regarding current or upcoming titles.

Of course, anyone interested is certainly free to contact me privately.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

-Kevin
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 06:50:23 PM by TwoInchQuad »