Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: We did this two years ago...  (Read 8308 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
We did this two years ago...
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2004, 06:39:51 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 09:20 AM\'] -Vertical blinds from 80s LMaD (would look cool in the living room) [/quote]
 That'd be a kick, wouldn't it? "Yawn, wow, what a nice sunny day, Martha, when you get a second, could you open Curtain #3? Thanks."

{cue harps}
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

nbuckler14

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2004, 06:50:01 PM »
I'd like the Wheel of Fortune puzzleboard from the 1993/1994 season you know the one with the golden lights.  Plus the old Wheel from 1983-1997? you know, the one that spun by itself during the opening and closing credits.  With the 1993 contestant backdrop thingys

Also I would like TPiR's turntable used from 1993-2001???

And last but not least the buzzer from the Combs Family Feud.
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2004, 06:57:48 PM »
[quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 04:50 PM\'] I'd like the Wheel of Fortune puzzleboard from the 1993/1994 season you know the one with the golden lights.  Plus the old Wheel from 1983-1997? you know, the one that spun by itself during the opening and closing credits.  With the 1993 contestant backdrop thingys

And last but not least the buzzer from the Combs Family Feud. [/quote]
 And, with the exception of the buzzer, where do you plan to PUT all of this?

(As I recall, last time I started this thread, it digressed in exactly this same ludicrous fashion, despite my efforts to keep it sensible.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

nbuckler14

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2004, 07:04:31 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 06:57 PM\'] [quote name=\'nbuckler14\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 04:50 PM\'] I'd like the Wheel of Fortune puzzleboard from the 1993/1994 season you know the one with the golden lights.  Plus the old Wheel from 1983-1997? you know, the one that spun by itself during the opening and closing credits.  With the 1993 contestant backdrop thingys

And last but not least the buzzer from the Combs Family Feud. [/quote]
And, with the exception of the buzzer, where do you plan to PUT all of this?

(As I recall, last time I started this thread, it digressed in exactly this same ludicrous fashion, despite my efforts to keep it sensible.) [/quote]
 Oh I could make room for it, trust me, the main thing I'm wanting is the puzzleboard though. if I had to choose just one thing.
Nick Buckler, COME ON DOWN! You are the next poster on The Game Show Forum!

GEOinNY

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2004, 08:07:12 PM »
The Match Game "Star Wheel" would be pretty cool ... as would the Ten Chances board from TPIR. (Think of the fun you could have with those things!)

Being a bit more reasonable, though, maybe Hans from Cliffhangers.

Oh, hell, I'd be happy with just a few blue index cards and a couple a Marks-a-Lots used by Brett and Charles!

jw2001

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2004, 09:24:11 PM »
-Anything from the Double Dare set, such as Marc's podium, contestant podiums, a scoreboard, an obstacle or two...doesn't matter!
-Face-off podium from Combs' Feud
-elevated cash amount space from Wheel ($2500, $3500, $10,000)
-Free Spin token
-Plinko chip

calliaume

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2004, 09:49:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 03:19 AM\'] Chris Lemon started this topic back on ATGS in December of 2001.  With the new shows that have come out since then; I'll ask it again:

"If you could own a couple pieces of game show memorabilia what would it be"?
 [/quote]
 1) A pair of Showdown dice.
2) The birthday cake plunger from The Money Maze (rung after completing the $10,000 Dash, used in the series but not in the pilot).
3) The Jeopardy! logo sign over either the contestants or the board from the 1964-75 run.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2004, 10:03:42 PM »
I was thinking the WoF wheel and trilon puzzleboard too, but Chris is right. I have no room. I'd be better off getting some wood, cardboard, tagboard, nuts, bolts, and paint, and building my own scaled-down versions.

Neumms

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2004, 10:32:30 PM »
The original "Any Number" board from TPIR. Or "Bonus Game," especially if that means they won't play it anymore. Both are pretty flat and could fit against a wall.

Or a contestant desk from Match Game '73-'78, preferably the green triangle, which I would bring to the office.

Of course, if you could score Monty's Money Machine from LMAD, gosh, you could pretty much just buy anything else you wanted.

JayC

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2004, 10:44:05 PM »
Superball set, old Shell Game set, new Shell Game set, Golden Road golden arrows, Surprise from Wheel painted in either Jets, Devils, or Nets colors, the golden arrow things that were once on top of the Wheel letter board

Starkman

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2004, 10:45:42 PM »
Ill try to keep it to Managable things.

Host Podium from $ale with the funky lights.

The tile rack from Scrabble.

A Sweep shopping cart.

Hook up the Water Slide from Fun House to my pool.

And a pair of Golden dice to hang from my car mirror.

Winkfan

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2004, 10:47:46 PM »
If offered to me, I would gladly take.....

1.) One of Gene Rayburns' bowties
2.) One of David Ruprecht's sweaters
3.) Any Music of Your Life playlists from Peter Marshall's and/or Wink Martindale's shows
4.) A Roxanne doll from Beat the Clock

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Karen Valentine of the Big Board!'
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024)

GS Warehouse

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2004, 10:53:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 03:19 AM\'] "If you could own a couple pieces of game show memorabilia what would it be"? [/quote]
 Suzannah Williams, Karen LaPierre, and Susan Stafford. :-D

Seriously, I'd go with the Chuck Bucks from the later years of Scrabble.  I've collected a lot of play money over the years.  Some dice from TPiR's Dice Game would work, too.  I really wanted the cards from CS, but Lemon already called dibs and stuck me with the sucky Bullard decks. :-P

Fedya

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2004, 11:00:26 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 06:39 PM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 09:20 AM\'] -Vertical blinds from 80s LMaD (would look cool in the living room) [/quote]
That'd be a kick, wouldn't it? "Yawn, wow, what a nice sunny day, Martha, when you get a second, could you open Curtain #3? Thanks."

{cue harps} [/quote]
 Ah, but how would you know it's a sunny day?  After all, once the curtain was opened, Martha would have to point to the giant art card of Turtle Wax (for that hard shell finish).

As for things that don't take up much space, it might be neat to own some of those TPiR price cards (the ones the models hold in games like One Right Price), or Gene Rayburn's mic from MG.

Obviously, when it comes to things that take up more space, an entire mockup of the Winner's Circle, or the Blockbusters set, would be a hoot.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Jay Temple

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2004, 12:31:17 AM »
For just the size of the Winner's Circle chairs and the "fence," that's what I'd take.  If you're talking the size of that plus the actual board, I'd rather have the Blockbusters set.  For something more manageable, I'd settle for one of Dick Clark's cards with the items from a main-game category.

ETA:  Yeah, Curtain #3 would be cool and functional, and I wouldn't have to make any new room for it!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 12:32:22 AM by Jay Temple »
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.