Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Surprised this hasn't been mentioned...  (Read 8173 times)

aaron sica

Surprised this hasn't been mentioned...
« on: February 11, 2004, 09:15:33 AM »
Or if it has, feel free to fire a "Woolery Left Wheel" comment my way.

http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker/archives/018960.html

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2004, 09:18:31 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 09:15 AM\'] Or if it has, feel free to fire a "Woolery Left Wheel" comment my way.

http://www.tvbarn.com/ticker/archives/018960.html [/quote]
 We knew the 6000th episode was coming, but didn't know the show is slated to air on 3/1? But when is it taping(was supposed to tape this week IIRC but was delayed due to Bob being sick)?

cmjb13

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2004, 11:12:04 AM »
If the CBS schedule is to be believed, it taped on Monday (the 2nd show).

Times sure are a changin'
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TV Favorites

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2004, 11:31:27 AM »
I heard that the 6000th episode was due to tape on 2/19.

mandelweb

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2004, 01:12:14 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 11:31 AM\']I heard that the 6000th episode was due to tape on 2/19.[/quote]
The taping is indeed happening on Thursday, February 19th.  I haven't found out what surprises will be in store.  Hopefully, I'll get a chance to hop out of the office to check out the taping that day!  :-)

- Mandel
http://mandelweb.com

Don Howard

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 02:30:19 PM »
[quote name=\'mandelweb\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 01:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 11:31 AM\']I heard that the 6000th episode was due to tape on 2/19.[/quote]
The taping is indeed happening on Thursday, February 19th.  I haven't found out what surprises will be in store.  Hopefully, I'll get a chance to hop out of the office to check out the taping that day!  :-)

- Mandel
http://mandelweb.com [/quote]
 I hope you get that chance. Please come over and let us know if they name another part of the building after him. Will Television City become Barker City? Stand by!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 06:23:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 12:30 PM\'] I hope you get that chance. Please come over and let us know if they name another part of the building after him. Will Television City become Barker City? Stand by! [/quote]
 Slightly OT, but what the hell:

When Staples Center opened in LA, the Lakers, Clippers, and Kings all moved in to share the building. So they decided to honor some of the members of the media assiociated with the teams.

They named the pressbox for Kings broadcaster Bob Miller. The Bob Miller Pressbox. Great.

They named the press room for deceased Laker broadcaster Chick Hearn. The Chick Hearn Press Room. Spiffy.

What I want to know is: who is the broadcaster for the Clippers, and is there a urinal somewhere in Staples Center with a plaque over it? :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jalman

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2004, 12:47:26 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 06:23 PM\'] [quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 12:30 PM\'] I hope you get that chance. Please come over and let us know if they name another part of the building after him. Will Television City become Barker City? Stand by! [/quote]

When Staples Center opened in LA, the Lakers, Clippers, and Kings all moved in to share the building. So they decided to honor some of the members of the media assiociated with the teams.

They named the pressbox for Kings broadcaster Bob Miller. The Bob Miller Pressbox. Great.

They named the press room for deceased Laker broadcaster Chick Hearn. The Chick Hearn Press Room. Spiffy.

What I want to know is: who is the broadcaster for the Clippers, and is there a urinal somewhere in Staples Center with a plaque over it? :) [/quote]
This would be the time for me to come in and shout "BILL WALTON~!" and proceed to give reasons why he deserves that urinal, but naaah....

(I don't know whether he's still a commentator for the Clippers or not)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 12:48:07 AM by jalman »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 01:22:11 AM »
Please come over and let us know if they name another part of the building after him. Will Television City become Barker City?
They're going to kick B&B out of 31 and turn it into the Bob Barker Museum.

Card Shark

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 07:07:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 02:30 PM\'] [quote name=\'mandelweb\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 01:12 PM\'] [quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 11:31 AM\']I heard that the 6000th episode was due to tape on 2/19.[/quote]

- Mandel
http://mandelweb.com [/quote]
I hope you get that chance. Please come over and let us know if they name another part of the building after him. Will Television City become Barker City? Stand by! [/quote]
 Maybe he and Syd Vinnedge will get in another microphone pulling battle. Will Lucy what's her name make an appearance?
Adam Strom

Don Howard

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 08:29:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 07:07 AM\'] Maybe he and Syd Vinnedge will get in another microphone pulling battle. [/quote]
 Yes. Yes! YES!! More standup comedy. Bring it on--this I pray.

cmjb13

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2004, 08:30:19 AM »
Maybe he and Syd Vinnedge will get in another microphone pulling battle. Will Lucy what's her name make an appearance?
Lucy Johnson is no longer head of CBS Daytime.

Barbara Bloom is.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 08:30:45 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

WorldClassRob

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2004, 10:10:07 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 06:23 PM\'] [/QUOTE]

What I want to know is: who is the broadcaster for the Clippers, and is there a urinal somewhere in Staples Center with a plaque over it? :) [/quote]
 The broadcaster for the Clippers is Ralph "Bingoooo" Lawler.  He's been the voice of the Clippers for gosh some 25 years or so, if not more, but is doing the games only on television.  There has been other Clipper announcers in the past on the radio side... most notably Ted Leitner when the Clips were in San Diego, Pete Arbogast, Rory Markas, and currently Mel Proctor.  In case you haven't noticed if you drive down Figueroa St., there is a street named after Chick Hearn on the north side of the Staples Center: Chick Hearn Ct.   RD

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2004, 01:35:14 PM »
[quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Feb 11 2004, 11:31 AM\'] I heard that the 6000th episode was due to tape on 2/19. [/quote]
 TVFavorites is correct.  (And obviously Mandel knows!)

I am set to be there for #6,000.

uncamark

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2004, 04:38:52 PM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Feb 12 2004, 07:07 AM\']Maybe he and Syd Vinnedge will get in another microphone pulling battle.[/quote]
In the spirit of Fremantle cross-promotion, Simon Cowell will come out on stage and say that Daniel Rosen was "just awful."

Meanwhile, as far as Barker's concerned, he just wants Vinnedge and Greg Lyle to make sure that that Seacrest kid comes nowhere near him.  :)