The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

New Buzzr lineup effective 3/2

<< < (4/8) > >>

calliaume:

--- Quote from: JMFabiano on February 24, 2020, 10:51:38 PM ---Also...this is the episode mentioned in TV Tropes
--- End quote ---

I like reading TV Tropes as much as anyone, but given it's a mix of unconfirmed "facts" and opinions, it can be taken with a grain of salt - at least Wikipedia has some form of checking on what's submitted. Here's an example from the MG/HS page:

--- Quote ---No OSHA Compliance: Compared to every other run of Squares, the board was actually the least safe, considering the second and third rows would be wheeled in behind the Match Game panel.
--- End quote ---

There's virtually no chance anyone on the planet can confirm this - so why make such a statement?

JMFabiano:
Forgive me if someone beat me to this, but we have a St. Patrick's Day marathon.  And among others, we're finally getting Norma Brown on Buzzr.

JasonA1:

--- Quote from: calliaume on February 26, 2020, 10:35:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: JMFabiano on February 24, 2020, 10:51:38 PM ---Also...this is the episode mentioned in TV Tropes
--- End quote ---

I like reading TV Tropes as much as anyone, but given it's a mix of unconfirmed "facts" and opinions, it can be taken with a grain of salt - at least Wikipedia has some form of checking on what's submitted. Here's an example from the MG/HS page:

--- Quote ---No OSHA Compliance: Compared to every other run of Squares, the board was actually the least safe, considering the second and third rows would be wheeled in behind the Match Game panel.
--- End quote ---

There's virtually no chance anyone on the planet can confirm this - so why make such a statement?

--- End quote ---

The Whoopi Squares were in 2 parts - the bottom 6 squares as one piece, and the top 3 as another. Perhaps the other runs worked that way as well. I'm sure our amateur inspector at TV Tropes would take issue with that.

-Jason

calliaume:

--- Quote from: JasonA1 on February 26, 2020, 11:22:07 PM ---I'm sure our amateur inspector at TV Tropes would take issue with that.

--- End quote ---
I'm about ready to start a TV Tropes Is Full of Crap thread somewhere. I found this today on the Match Game page:

--- Quote ---Some of the more attractive female stars, including [Fannie] Flagg, also wore rather revealing clothing that was only just enough for modesty's sake.
--- End quote ---

Seriously?

clemon79:

--- Quote from: calliaume on February 27, 2020, 12:51:53 PM ---I'm about ready to start a TV Tropes Is Full of Crap thread somewhere. I found this today on the Match Game page:

--- Quote ---Some of the more attractive female stars, including [Fannie] Flagg, also wore rather revealing clothing that was only just enough for modesty's sake.
--- End quote ---

Seriously?

--- End quote ---

That's impressive for typing with only the one hand.

/Fannie Flagg isn't gonna blow you, dude
//no, seriously

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version