Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GS Article by Ben Tritle  (Read 1815 times)

dscungio

GS Article by Ben Tritle
« on: January 20, 2004, 09:50:29 AM »
I'm probably beating Ben himself to post this, but our very own Ben Tritle has written up an article for the Disney fan website MousePlanet chronicling his appearances on Twenty-One, Jeopardy! and particularly his big win at the WWTBAM-Play It! attraction at Disney's California Adventure.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm040120bt.htm

Dean
(who crashed at the 250,000 point question)

bttritle

GS Article by Ben Tritle
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 02:55:17 PM »
I wasn't going to post anything about this.  I had been warned that it would show up sometime this month, but not specifically when.  It was actually written back in May, as I mentioned in the piece.  The crew at Mouseplanet was nice enough to ask me to write something tying together my experiences.  That was the end result.

Ben T.

ezbidder

GS Article by Ben Tritle
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 10:17:17 AM »
Sorry, I just got to this post now, but that was an extremely great read.  About your win at Disney's California Adventure on the Play it Now game: just getting into the hotseat on that show seems incredibly difficult, because everyone in the audience plays.  The timing for the wins when I was there were incredible, they were less than a second every time.    By the way, back then when you won the million points, was the prize still the Disney cruise?

M23

bttritle

GS Article by Ben Tritle
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2004, 04:26:20 AM »
[quote name=\'ezbidder\' date=\'Feb 14 2004, 07:17 AM\'] By the way, back then when you won the million points, was the prize still the Disney cruise?
 [/quote]
 I'm glad you enjoyed it.  At the time, when I won, the prize was a trip to New York.  As I mentioned, though, I won on September 16th, 2001...so they advertised it as a trip to see Millionaire taped live (no mention of New York at that time).

I ended up taking the trip in December...saw all the decorations as well as Ground Zero.