Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Match Game 73-82 Question  (Read 2328 times)

kurtinrod62

Match Game 73-82 Question
« on: February 17, 2004, 08:40:00 PM »
Was there ever a time when, after both tiebreaking fill-in-the-blank questions were asked, a game would still end up in a tie? I know on occasion ties after the first tiebreaking round would result in a second such round, but after two more such questions were asked, did another tie ever occur?

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 08:42:55 PM »
[quote name=\'kurtinrod62\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 08:40 PM\'] Was there ever a time when, after both tiebreaking fill-in-the-blank questions were asked, a game would still end up in a tie? I know on occasion ties after the first tiebreaking round would result in a second such round, but after two more such questions were asked, did another tie ever occur? [/quote]
If I'm reading that correctly, didn't they just edit out any subsequent ties, even in a fill-in-the-blank.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 08:49:03 PM »
[quote name=\'kurtinrod62\' date=\'Feb 17 2004, 08:40 PM\'] Was there ever a time when, after both tiebreaking fill-in-the-blank questions were asked, a game would still end up in a tie? I know on occasion ties after the first tiebreaking round would result in a second such round, but after two more such questions were asked, did another tie ever occur? [/quote]
 They would (usually?) play out the multiple ties on the CBS Daytime run. On the MGPM and Daily Syndie versions, multiple tiebreakers would be edited out. From season two through six of MGPM and on Thursday and Friday episodes of the Daily Syndie MG, the tiebreaker would be of the "sudden death" variety. If both players wrote down the same answer or if none of the celebs matched the contestants, that part would be edited out.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 09:12:45 PM »
Assuming I read this correctly, yes, on the daytime show, they did play both of the tiebreaker rounds and end in yet another tie. They simply replaced the questions, reset the plackards, and played a third tiebreaker on the next show.

ChuckNet

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 12:14:46 PM »
There was also a MG PM that ended w/a tie after only 2 rounds were played...they played the regular tiebreaker, but since the new score was ALSO a tie, they played the "sudden death" tiebreaker to break that one.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")