Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Twenty One question?  (Read 5908 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Twenty One question?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2004, 02:16:44 PM »
[quote name=\'bttritle\' date=\'Feb 25 2004, 11:24 AM\'] [quote name=\'carlopanno\' date=\'Feb 25 2004, 09:57 AM\'] Also, they were too close together for their immense size: They could never get the doors to work right.

[/quote]
How were they suppose to work?  From my vantage point, they worked every time.
 [/quote]
 I think what Carlo is saying is that the doors were so close together that there was no smooth way for the models to open them, and the players to enter or exit, without a lot of "excuse me, pardon me, sorry about that, watch the elbow", etc...

I liked the big booths myself, but he's got a point.

Dead-on about Tom Scott, too. Where Ted McGinely is the Dean of Shark-Jumping, Scott is your sign that the shark has long since been left behind....and your boat is full of holes. Too bad, 'cuz the guy has chops, he just has piss-poor luck. It gets to the point where you can't hand out a resume, 'cuz nobody will touch you...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

carlopanno

Twenty One question?
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2004, 03:18:01 PM »
[quote name=\'bttritle\' date=\'Feb 25 2004, 01:24 PM\'] [quote name=\'carlopanno\' date=\'Feb 25 2004, 09:57 AM\'] Also, they were too close together for their immense size: They could never get the doors to work right.

[/quote]
How were they suppose to work?  From my vantage point, they worked every time.

Ben T. [/quote]
 As I remember, the doors banged against each other and also blocked the camera's view of the models opening and closing them.

But unlike you, I wasn't there.

--C

bttritle

Twenty One question?
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2004, 05:08:27 PM »
[quote name=\'carlopanno\' date=\'Feb 25 2004, 12:18 PM\'] As I remember, the doors banged against each other and also blocked the camera's view of the models opening and closing them.

But unlike you, I wasn't there.

--C [/quote]
 I can understand how it would seem that way...the set was somewhat deceptive in its size.  However, they were fairly well ordered in how they accomplished the walk ons and offs.  And the doors could open up at right angles at the same time, and the model (or models) could be seen in the gap between the doors.

The only awkwardness that I ever found about going in or coming out was with the small step up you had to take to get into the booth (and step down to get out).  

Ben T.

buddylee

Twenty One question?
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2004, 06:57:21 PM »
The glass was definitely seethrough and the crowd was unquestionably audible from inside the booths.  They just didn't invest the money to get it perfect.