Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "Deal or No Deal" a go  (Read 2430 times)

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
"Deal or No Deal" a go
« on: February 18, 2004, 05:58:54 PM »
"DoND" has a four-week run scheduled for Wednesdays at 9/8c, filling the gap between the next "Bachelor" and the end of the current "Ette."

No host was named in the futoncritic.com story.
@lambertman

tvwxman

"Deal or No Deal" a go
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 07:06:22 PM »
You beat me to it by a few hours, Chris....at my ABC affiliate, we got the info regarding scheduling changes to accomodate Deal today....no other info available though....

They're gonna have to act fast on this one, kids....

Do we have any posters joining us from the west coast with connections? Taping days HAVE to be coming up soon!

Matt
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

adamjk

"Deal or No Deal" a go
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2004, 07:13:55 PM »
You know what I'm thinking? I'm willing to bet these shows may be aired live.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
"Deal or No Deal" a go
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 07:23:15 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Feb 18 2004, 05:13 PM\'] You know what I'm thinking? I'm willing to bet these shows may be aired live. [/quote]
 Keep thinking.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

goongas

"Deal or No Deal" a go
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 08:23:23 PM »
A certain site that I won't mention broke this news a couple of days ago.  It said there are two taping days for the six episodes.

bulldog_06

"Deal or No Deal" a go
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 12:35:21 AM »
Who is hosting the show?

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
"Deal or No Deal" a go
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 12:37:32 AM »
[quote name=\'bulldog_06\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 12:35 AM\'] Who is hosting the show? [/quote]
 If you had taken the time to read the posts above; which you obviously didn't; you would have learned that no hosting announcement has been made.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

bulldog_06

"Deal or No Deal" a go
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 12:38:49 AM »
The reason I asked because I had seen that Wayne Brady was a possible choice, and I wanted to know, that's all. You ask a question, people get upset. SORRY!

CaseyAbell

"Deal or No Deal" a go
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 09:10:43 AM »
For what it's worth, which ain't much, Deal or No Deal didn't do so great with the Aussies last year. Sure, different markets, different tastes. The highest-rated show in Australia in January was...a cricket match. Which isn't too likely to happen in this country.

But Deal certainly doesn't have the track record of international success that Millionaire achieved before its U.S debut. Anyway, Channel Seven in Australia is trying a half-hour, one-million version of the show this year:

http://entertainment.news.com.au/common/st...255Enbv,00.html

Kinda ironic that Wheel of Fortune is getting pushed back a half-hour to make room for the show. Who knows, maybe the U.S. version will be a big hit.