Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Survivor All-Stars 2/19 Pregame  (Read 1644 times)

GS Warehouse

Survivor All-Stars 2/19 Pregame
« on: February 19, 2004, 08:08:48 PM »
First, let me get this out of the way right now...this is my 500th post (no gifts, please).  A lot of these half-thousand are of the facetious nature, because that's the kind of person I am.  But I can be serious when I feel like it, and this milestone post comes on the heels of a very serious matter.

On last week's Survivor: All-Stars, the spoilers regarding Jenna Morasca leaving the game to be with her cancer-stricken mother were confirmed.  When she made the announcement, Jeff Probst asked if she received any inside information on the matter.  I believed she did not (women's intuition, you know), but Richard Roeper wrote in today's Chicago Sun-Times about the big spoiler going around the internet.  It is believed that the poster was a Survivor staffer who told Jenna about her mother, got fired because of it, and listed the order of finish down to the final two out of spite.  I try to take spoilers like this with a grain of salt, because sometimes they're wrong (Tracey Gold <> Mole), but spoilers like this (and we're all too familiar with the spoiling of big winners on Millionaire--both ABC and syndicated) takes all the suspense out of the game.  Sure enough, that "list" had Tina, Rudy, and Jenna as the first three out, in that order, including the reason for Jenna's withdrawl.

Fortunately, that spoiler may end up being a red herring as well.  I was lurking on the alt.tv.survivor newsgroup in ther last hour and they speculate that the list may not be right after next week after all.  Remember, if it was a staffer who was fired soon that incident, he/she could not have seen any outcomes after that.  We will know for certain next week, but I still believe there are inside leaks.  Also remember, there was betting between staffers during the Pearl Islands series last fall.  Regardless of the degree of truth of the spoiler, CBS will have to really have to make tighter security a priority before Survivor 9 starts taping this summer.

Besides, I have seen the list's prediction for the final two (like many other posters and lurkers, it was shoved down my throat).  While I will not mention names, I really hope it's wrong.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 09:18:46 PM by GS Warehouse »

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 08:18:07 PM »
And before going to a final commercial break, it had a little graphic stating that Jenna's mom died 8 days after Jenna quit. So, that means her mom died on the 20th.

And during the closing credits, it offered the remaining castaways' thoughts on Jenna's decision.

Does this remind anyone of Osten voluntarily quitting during Survivor: Pearl Islands? It certainly reminds me of Osten.

GS Warehouse

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 09:29:35 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Feb 19 2004, 08:18 PM\'] Does this remind anyone of Osten voluntarily quitting during Survivor: Pearl Islands? It certainly reminds me of Osten. [/quote]
 Osten was the only other player to quit the game, but he and Jenna quit under somewhat different circumstances.  Still, both have been scrutinized for their decisions.  Osten quit because he just couldn't stand it anymore, and he's been viewed as gutless by alt.tv.survivor ever since.  Meanwhile, the most often-asked question during Jenna's post-mortem last Friday was why she even accepted the All-Star invitation.  Ironically, it was her mother who convinced her to do it.