Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Idea for another 2 hour block on PAX  (Read 5421 times)

adamjk

Idea for another 2 hour block on PAX
« on: February 21, 2004, 09:51:13 PM »
Here is the e-mail I wrote to PAX:
Let me know what you think of the idea.

I had an idea for a new game show block from 6 to 8 on your network. See, I was thinking you could be sorta like USA was in the early 90's before GSN came around. Here's my idea:
2 nights a week, air a classic game show block.  On one night, from 6 to 7, you could air a celebrity game show block. Have tattletales first, the original version, then the 80's version once you have went through the 70's run. Then you could follow that with Body Language. Then from 7 to 8, air Password Plus, followed by Super Password.

Then on another night, you could air two Barry and Enright shows from 6 to 7. Tic Tac Dough, both Martindale versions, beginning with the network, followed by the syndie. Then after TTD, you could air The Joker's Wild. Air the network version first, followed by the Jack Barry syndie version, and then lastly the Bill Cullen syndie version.

Then to follow that, from 7 to 8, you could air Scrabble both the 80's and 90's versions, and then follow it up with the 80's show Sale of the Century. I hope you guys like the idea. I would appreciate it, if you would give this idea some thought, and let me know if you would be interested in doing this, and if it's possible to do this.
                                      Thank you kindly,
                                          Adam Kleist,
                                          Eastpointe, MI

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 10:19:28 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Feb 21 2004, 09:51 PM\'] Here is the e-mail I wrote to PAX:

I had an idea for a new game show block from 6 to 8 on your network. See, I was thinking you could be sorta like USA was in the early 90's before GSN came around. Here's my idea:
2 nights a week, air a classic game show block.  On one night, from 6 to 7, you could air a celebrity game show block. Have tattletales first, the original version, then the 80's version once you have went through the 70's run. Then you could follow that with Body Language. Then from 7 to 8, air Password Plus, followed by Super Password.

Then on another night, you could air two Barry and Enright shows from 6 to 7. Tic Tac Dough, both Martindale versions, beginning with the network, followed by the syndie. Then after TTD, you could air The Joker's Wild. Air the network version first, followed by the Jack Barry syndie version, and then lastly the Bill Cullen syndie version.

Then to follow that, from 7 to 8, you could air Scrabble both the 80's and 90's versions, and then follow it up with the 80's show Sale of the Century. I hope you guys like the idea. I would appreciate it, if you would give this idea some thought, and let me know if you would be interested in doing this, and if it's possible to do this.
                                      Thank you kindly,
                                          Adam Kleist,
                                          Eastpointe, MI [/quote]
 $otC and Scrabble are possibly. The others would be tough to get as GSN has leased the Goodson shows, and Sony, who owns GSN, has the rights to the B&E show reruns.

adamjk

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 10:22:29 PM »
Password Plus wasn't a Goodson show was it?

CBSJokersWildFan

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 10:24:42 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Feb 21 2004, 10:22 PM\']Password Plus wasn't a Goodson show was it?[/quote]
It certainly was.

tommycharles

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 10:49:16 PM »
ADAM: "Hi, I've got this great idea for your network. [Makes proposal]"

3 hours later sitting in hospital bed:

ADAM: I can't believe Bud Paxon punched me in the face.
THAD, in bed next to his: Be glad you didn't talk to Sony...but maybe if we team up, we can accomplish something!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 10:49:57 PM by tommycharles »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 11:20:30 PM »
Anything is possible.  Last season when PAX was showing Kroeger BTC, TV Guide gave details in the listings which were from the 70's run.  Of course it was a mistake, but PAX has (and maybe still is) running "Bonanza" on the network and that started in the late '50.  What I'd like to see is some  Supermarket Sweeps we haven't seen in a while--with Bill Malone.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

CBSJokersWildFan

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 11:43:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Feb 21 2004, 11:20 PM\']What I'd like to see is some  Supermarket Sweeps we haven't seen in a while--with Bill Malone.[/quote]
On that note, do any episodes from the ABC run of Supermarket Sweep exist?

rugrats1

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2004, 12:39:03 AM »
If Pax can work things out with GSN, which has the rights to the G-T and Sony libraries, then it's a good idea. may not help Pax's ratings much, but at least it'll draw more game show fans to the network.

But of course, will there still be a Pax this fall?

familyfeudfan

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2004, 01:21:26 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Feb 21 2004, 09:51 PM\'] Here is the e-mail I wrote to PAX:

Thank you kindly,
                                          Adam Kleist,
                                          Eastpointe, MI [/quote]
We can only hope that they listen.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2004, 01:51:59 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Feb 22 2004, 12:39 AM\'] If Pax can work things out with GSN, which has the rights to the G-T and Sony libraries, then it's a good idea. may not help Pax's ratings much, but at least it'll draw more game show fans to the network.

But of course, will there still be a Pax this fall? [/quote]
 It's my feeling that Pax is here to stay.  They have shared programs with GSN in the past, so the original post is not out of the realm of possibility.  Pax does business with many of the major players and those companies will sell their shows to whomever will buy them.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

bricon

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2004, 09:16:41 AM »

At least one episode exists from the ABC series.

1978-Jeopardy

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2004, 10:14:28 AM »

At least one episode exists from the ABC series

That surprises me. I thought it was a $OTC-type situation; all the episodes were destroyed.

I guess not.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2004, 12:47:01 PM »
At least Lifetime Supermarket Sweep commercial from 1990 used footage of the original Sweep.  Hence, some of the original run does exist.

brianhenke

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2004, 12:49:24 PM »
Let's face it, Pax has been screwed up since Day 1 (the Reel to Reel Picture Show fiasco, etc.)...all I see now in the daytime is infomercials, infomercials and MORE infomercials!

If Pax is still around in some form in 2005, I would be simply amazed.

Cincy43235@aol.com

Wary blue waters?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2004, 12:49:47 PM by brianhenke »
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

uncamark

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2004, 06:52:26 PM »
[quote name=\'bricon\' date=\'Feb 22 2004, 09:16 AM\']

At least one episode exists from the ABC series.[/quote]
And some more.  David Susskind gave his archives to the Museum of Broadcast Communications in Chicago and I believe that they had at least six episodes available for viewing.

Emphasis on "had" since they are presently closed while building a new location on the Near North Side, which should open next year.  More at www.museum.tv.