Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Nashville Squares  (Read 1615 times)

geno57

The Nashville Squares
« on: February 24, 2004, 09:28:17 AM »
From Brad Schmitt's column today ...

----------

Big fun, but who'll be in the center square?

Some Nashville movers and shakers (and I) will be part of a really fun fund-raiser Saturday.

The Nashville Squares, a Hollywood Squares-style game show with local folk, will be staged at TPAC to raise money for the Tennessee Rep. And — here's my favorite part — dinner's part of the deal. Call 782-4023 for the $150 tix ($50 for the show only).

Among the jokesters on the tic-tac-toe board are Channel 2 funnyman Joe Dubin, Nashville Scene food critic Kay West, book author Alice Randall and Vanderbilt Chancellor Gordon Gee.

Chancellor Gee is psyched.

''Forget about, 'Gentlemen, start your engines!' The most exciting four words in sports are: 'Circle gets the square,' '' Mr. Bow Tie says.

''Get ready for a great show to benefit the Tennessee Rep, one of Nashville's cultural gems.''

uncamark

The Nashville Squares
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 04:48:15 PM »
The Tennessee Rep web site says that there'll be 20 celebs on the show in total, so it looks like they'll be moved in and out.

The fund-raiser is set up as a popup on their site, so I can't do a direct link, but here's the home page for the site.  The tickets aren't cheap ($50-250), but it is a fund-raiser and it includes either dessert or the full meal.  And there is the opportunity to win something.

Considering that WKRN's sponsoring the event, there is sure to be clips on their web site on Sunday.

Chelsea Thrasher

The Nashville Squares
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 05:31:18 PM »