Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Idea for another 2 hour block on PAX  (Read 5427 times)

DjohnsonCB

Idea for another 2 hour block on PAX
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2004, 04:10:23 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 23 2004, 06:52 PM\'] David Susskind gave his archives to the Museum of Broadcast Communications in Chicago and I believe that they had at least six episodes available for viewing.

Emphasis on "had" since they are presently closed while building a new location on the Near North Side, which should open next year.  More at www.museum.tv. [/quote]
 David Susskind was the founder of Talent Associates Ltd.  I wonder if his museum donations include any eps of the short-lived sitcoms TA produced?  Not that it would do any good--I can't get to any broadcast museum, so they'd serve a greater purpose getting on a channel I can pick up.  

O.B. game shows--did Susskind have any part in the production of "The Honeymoon Race" which was a successor to Supermarket Sweep?  I remember that show quite well and would love to see it again if ant shows were saved.
"Disconnect her buzzer...disconnect EVERYONE'S buzzer!"

--Alex Trebel

uncamark

Idea for another 2 hour block on PAX
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2004, 04:21:39 PM »
[quote name=\'DjohnsonCB\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 04:10 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Feb 23 2004, 06:52 PM\'] David Susskind gave his archives to the Museum of Broadcast Communications in Chicago and I believe that they had at least six episodes available for viewing.

Emphasis on "had" since they are presently closed while building a new location on the Near North Side, which should open next year.  More at www.museum.tv. [/quote]
David Susskind was the founder of Talent Associates Ltd.  I wonder if his museum donations include any eps of the short-lived sitcoms TA produced?  Not that it would do any good--I can't get to any broadcast museum, so they'd serve a greater purpose getting on a channel I can pick up.[/quote]
I could tell you, except that since the museum is presently closed, they seem to have taken their archives database offline.  It almost seems to me that what they mostly had was the stuff TA produced in New York--the things supervised by Daniel Melnick in Hollywood were not included.

O.B. game shows--did Susskind have any part in the production of "The Honeymoon Race" which was a successor to Supermarket Sweep?  I remember that show quite well and would love to see it again if ant shows were saved.

Well, his company did (Susskind always seemed to go into pain whenever a smart-alecky reporter brought up "Supermarket Sweep" and he immediately emphasized that it was from one of his employees and that he had nothing to do directly with the show).  Seems to me that the MBC does have at least one episode.

But I'm sure Susskind enjoyed the money from "SS" that allowed him to do his more respectable projects for television.