Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Pilot Light  (Read 2998 times)

mmb5

Game Show Pilot Light
« on: February 29, 2004, 10:33:17 PM »
Nit-pick away...

The Game Show Pilot Light

Thanks to those who gave me corrections to the previous 40 entries and the ability to view the 22 new entries.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

cmjb13

Game Show Pilot Light
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 06:20:13 AM »
Good stuff, but I can't determine which are the new ones.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Pilot Light
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 12:12:10 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 04:20 AM\'] Good stuff, but I can't determine which are the new ones. [/quote]
 I agree. It wouldn't be a bad idea to have some kind of an icon you can add to the ones already on the list that would reflect "new since last revision"...maybe a sunrise, of those Yahoo sunglasses... :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ilb4ever2000

Game Show Pilot Light
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 03:49:13 PM »
By the way, the Tic Tac Dough page doesn't work.

PeterMarshallFan

Game Show Pilot Light
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 05:06:04 PM »
[quote name=\'ilb4ever2000\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 04:49 PM\'] By the way, the Tic Tac Dough page doesn't work. [/quote]
 Not to mention that the link for Strictly Confidential leads to the Shoot the Works page, whose own link is also broken.

But still, EXCELLENT work! The TPiR "pilot" is interesting to look at...

ChuckNet

Game Show Pilot Light
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2004, 06:12:10 PM »
Good job, Mike...interesting to see how some of these pilots looked, and wonder what they must've been like. (I contributed some of the corrections and other info, having a number of the "available" pilots in my collection).

Chuck Donegan (The Impressed "Chuckie Baby")

mmb5

Game Show Pilot Light
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2004, 08:47:38 PM »
Good news.  The links are fixed, AND, at no cost to you, you can now sort the list of shows either alphabetically or last updated.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
Game Show Pilot Light
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2004, 09:40:59 PM »
Now, somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but AFAIK from everybody "in the know" on these sort of the things, the aired premiere of "The New Price is Right" is in fact an airing of the pilot. I'm certainly willing to agree given the number of differences between it and the eventual series.

I would also put forth and say that the first aired program and subsequential '72 eps were taped far apart, but that's merely my memory taking a shot. Something tells me too, that to create excitement for the pilot, they wanted to truly award the prizes, which maybe led to its airing? (IIRC, contestants can't receive prizes unless the show is aired?)

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

ilb4ever2000

Game Show Pilot Light
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2004, 12:20:19 AM »
And as not to seem to like a grouch, I think it's a fine site.