Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Next Saturday, another MadTV "Price" Sketch  (Read 2161 times)

Mario500

Next Saturday, another MadTV "Price" Sketch
« on: February 15, 2004, 09:26:50 PM »
A little surprised nobody posted, so I'm taking chances in my own hands. According to a preview during last night's MadTV (excellent show, by the way), there will be another "Price" sketch on the show next Saturday night, this time taking place during the 70s. Hmmmm, wonder who's going to be Johnny Olson for the sketch? Anyway, don't miss it!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2004, 09:38:25 PM »
W00T!

daveromanjr

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2004, 09:52:51 PM »
The Lillian Verner game show they did last night still has me laughing.  That announcer, when he used that big lint thing or whatever it was, I couldn't stop laughing.

And the "One For The Road" clip was the best.  I very much wish I had taped it last night... did anybody happen to tape it and would be willing to make a copy?

MitchJoseph2004

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2004, 12:25:12 AM »
I saw the promo for it as well. Looks like they're going to use Frank Caliendo reprising his Rod Roddy role. I guess that the people at MAD think people associate Rod with TPIR more than Johnny O.
That's fine with me, since it was funny when i saw their clip of "Rod" with a fro lol.

I think its a good thing to honor Roddy. I don't see it as being disrespectful to him at all. And Rod would probably be laughing along from up in heaven.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 05:58:47 PM »
Just bumping this up as a reminder if you didn't catch the announcement the first time.

(And this time, I think bumping is perfectly justifiable.)

vtown7

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2004, 09:24:23 AM »
On the topic of last night's mad tv...

The Lillian Verner game show they did last night still has me laughing. That announcer, when he used that big lint thing or whatever it was, I couldn't stop laughing.

That was an absolute SCREAM!  I laughed so hard when they brought out the item... my friend actually got an "Airzooka" for Christmas :)  It brings out the best in us at the campus radio station.

And the "One For The Road" clip was the best. I very much wish I had taped it last night... did anybody happen to tape it and would be willing to make a copy?

The "One for the road" clip is one of the funniest things I've seen on Mad (or any other show) for quite a long time.

I have it on tape but alas I have no way to upload it!

And sure, the 70's TPIR had many "liberties" in it, but it was good fun nevertheless.  MadTV is really good in the fact that it does several GS parodies a season these last few years... already this year I've seen a WoF parody, H2, and of course you can't forget Lillian Verner...

Cheers,

Ryan :)

MitchJoseph2004

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2004, 09:30:24 AM »
And Next week.............. they're having a Family Feud sketch. Featuring someone who kinda looks like Richard Karn on a VERY well duplicated version the Anderson set. I caught the promo and saw Lord of the Rings vs. some other group.... can't remember off hand.

Looks like its gonna be a good one.