Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: H2 Finale  (Read 4069 times)

JMFabiano

H2 Finale
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2004, 03:46:05 PM »
[quote name=\'bossjock967\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 01:30 PM\']
And I still hope one in particular was my obvious favorite (think "obvious" is the operative word here, so I shall say no more)
Thank God, because you've said it about six times now, and it's getting old.

John Davidson comes back to host??

*ducks* [/quote]
 No, silly, Woolery leaves Wheel, of course
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JMFabiano

H2 Finale
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2004, 03:47:55 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 12:13 PM\'] [quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 07:59 AM\'] And I still hope one in particular was my obvious favorite (think "obvious" is the operative word here, so I shall say no more) [/quote]
Thank God, because you've said it about six times now, and it's getting old. [/quote]

On one hand, I could be angry and bitchy about that.  On the other hand, you only accused me of six times, so I can consider that going easy on me...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 04:29:38 PM by JMFabiano »

JMFabiano

H2 Finale
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2004, 03:49:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 01:40 PM\'] [quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 09:59 AM\'] [quote name=\'Terry K\' date=\'Feb 23 2004, 01:48 AM\']
They called it in a manner of speaking H2 All-Stars, since the celebs were the favourites of the producers (you can guess who they booked) [/quote]
And I still hope one in particular was my obvious favorite (think "obvious" is the operative word here, so I shall say no more) [/quote]
I'm a fan of Caroline Rhea, but I'm at the point where I'm almost wishing she doesn't return simply because you wish it. [/quote]
 Just for that I'm sending you to the Best of Judy Tenuta Room...

AH3RD

H2 Finale
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2004, 04:08:31 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 23 2004, 10:00 PM\'] Besides ending their six season run this season, H2 will also be airing their 1000th show soon, no? The last show will be show 1050. [/quote]
A summing up of tallied episodes of Hollywood Squares:

The original NBC Daytime run of Squares (1966-80) played for 3,536 consecutive shows.

And the 1986-89 syndicated edition (The New Hollywood Squares) lasted 580.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 04:09:39 PM by AH3RD »
Aaron Handy III - ah07_1999@yahoo.com

The ABC Password Page

The Aaron Handy III TV Web Shrine

ChuckNet

H2 Finale
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2004, 01:18:29 PM »
Here's to the Squares...when it first premiered in 1998, I was instantly hooked, enjoying the revival of a classic GS, the great hosting of Tom Bergeron, and the occasional A-list celebs that would sometimes turn up. And except for the 2nd bonus round used in 01-02, each season brought some improvements:

- The reinstatement of returning champs
- The progressive Secret Square jackpot
- The annual ToC and College Tournament
- The current bonus round
- The switch from a self-contained format to a straddled, best 2-out-of-3 one

It's a pity the huge improvements made after Winkler and Levitt took over in '02 weren't enough to save the show, but 6 yrs is a good run, not to mention twice as long as Davidson's version lasted.

So long, H2...someday there may be a GS revival that will be as good as this one was, but with all due respect, "I disagree!".

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

CJBojangles

H2 Finale
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2004, 08:05:28 AM »
I wonder what will happen if they decide to bring the show back in a few years. I can't see them bringing it back as "H2" again. A regular "Hollywood Squares" name, perhaps? And who would host?

I personally think it's a big mistake that this show is going off the air. i'll miss it.

Ian Wallis

H2 Finale
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2004, 08:45:47 AM »
I wonder what will happen if they decide to bring the show back in a few years. I can't see them bringing it back as "H2" again. A regular "Hollywood Squares" name, perhaps? And who would host?

I personally think it's a big mistake that this show is going off the air. i'll miss it.

Considering the number of times they've brought it back, it wouldn't surprise me to see it back on the air within 10 years.  Unless the television landscape changes even more by then...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

BrandonFG

H2 Finale
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2004, 12:28:24 PM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 08:05 AM\'] I personally think it's a big mistake that this show is going off the air. i'll miss it. [/quote]
 Nah, I'm gonna miss H2 myself, but it would be losing money with the declining ratings. All the celebrities, and upscale prizes (scaled down this season), it would more than less be a loss for King World. However, I agree with Ian, considering its successful run, it will be back soon...I give it 5-10 years.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!