Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pat Sajak and Mr. Rogers  (Read 1437 times)

tvrandywest

Pat Sajak and Mr. Rogers
« on: February 28, 2004, 11:30:14 AM »
From the odds and ends department (and USA Today)...

>>Church organist Luke Mayernik, 21, will debut a requiem Sunday, performed by the Slippery Rock University Orchestra and Chorus. Game show host Pat Sajak, and CNN's Paula Zahn will host another music tribute to Mr. Rogers in March....

... On March 27, the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra's gala concert will feature The Music of Fred Rogers, an event hosted by game show host Pat Sajak and CNN news anchor Paula Zahn.

Before Rogers studied child psychology and theology, he got a college degree in music composition. Rogers played the piano at age five and the organ at seven. Rogers' best known song is It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood... <<

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 11:32:29 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Jumpondees

Pat Sajak and Mr. Rogers
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 09:14:50 PM »
I wish I was able to go to the performance this morning...I only live minutes from the church where this was going to take place...I hear it was a great piece of work.

As for the Pittsburgh Symphony's performance next month...Anyone who lives near the Pittsburgh area or who are interested in coming to town for the event can go to www.pittsburghsymphony.org for more details.  I'm thinking about picking up a couple of seats in the $35 section, it's a great cause, and hey, if I get to see Pat close up in the flesh, it's a bonus.

gameshowguy2000

Pat Sajak and Mr. Rogers
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 11:57:11 PM »
Speaking of Mr. Rogers, 2 days ago marked the 1-year anniversary of his death.

Mike Tennant

Pat Sajak and Mr. Rogers
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 09:56:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 09:14 PM\']As for the Pittsburgh Symphony's performance next month...Anyone who lives near the Pittsburgh area or who are interested in coming to town for the event can go to www.pittsburghsymphony.org for more details.  I'm thinking about picking up a couple of seats in the $35 section, it's a great cause, and hey, if I get to see Pat close up in the flesh, it's a bonus.[/quote]
If you get seats in the $35 section, don't expect to "see Pat close up in the flesh."  You'll see him, but it'll hardly be close up.  (I'm thinking about going to this, too, knowing full well that I'll need opera glasses to get a good look at Pat from those same seats.)