Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.  (Read 140237 times)

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
Re: Game Show "Channels" On Roku,...Etc... Thread.
« Reply #300 on: June 14, 2024, 10:08:20 PM »
On the 3 pm episode of Buzzr's TPIR, airing on 6/14, they played the retired Phone Home Game and Poker Game. Last week I saw an episode featuring Pick a Pair with the Ferris Wheel set. They also showed female contestants reaching into Barker's pocket for their $100 bonus on these shows.
...................................so?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #301 on: June 14, 2024, 10:46:42 PM »
On the 3 pm episode of Buzzr's TPIR, airing on 6/14, they played the retired Phone Home Game and Poker Game. Last week I saw an episode featuring Pick a Pair with the Ferris Wheel set. They also showed female contestants reaching into Barker's pocket for their $100 bonus on these shows.

And on the 7pm episode of Password Plus, somebody guessed the password.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #302 on: June 14, 2024, 11:40:48 PM »

And on the 7pm episode of Password Plus, somebody guessed the password.
What a coincidence!  On the episode of Supermarket Sweep airing right now, team two used a shopping cart, while team three grabbed turkeys.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

rwalker

« Reply #303 on: June 15, 2024, 01:46:43 AM »
Out of curiosity, why would he?

"And the number one way to piss off Bob Barker... Ask him 'Hey, how's Dian?'"

Nope. Per Eubanks at the expo, hiding Barks wgmc sign under the couch was it. Bark would not start tape til they found out who did it. They call Eubanks on his ranch and finally gives up the, hidden, location

I imagine they never spoke again

BrandonFG

« Reply #304 on: July 08, 2024, 04:13:03 PM »
Looks like GSN's added a several episodes of Blank Slate and Master Minds to its Youtube channels. Dunno if it means much of anything, but it caught my eye a moment ago.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2024, 12:46:00 AM »
Forgive me if this has been discussed already. I noticed that if I watch the Barker channel on the Pluto app, and watch it on The Roku Channel app, I get different broadcasts. Does anyone know what the disparity is between the two?

As I type this, Roku's stream is showing E5845, whereas Pluto's stream is showing a TNPiR72 episode.

snowpeck

« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2024, 11:53:48 AM »
Forgive me if this has been discussed already. I noticed that if I watch the Barker channel on the Pluto app, and watch it on The Roku Channel app, I get different broadcasts. Does anyone know what the disparity is between the two?

As I type this, Roku's stream is showing E5845, whereas Pluto's stream is showing a TNPiR72 episode.
It's always been that way. The feed Roku uses (and is also on Amazon Freevee, Plex and maybe others) has fewer commercial breaks and isn't beholden to start shows on the top or bottom of the hour. The Pluto feed has more commercial breaks and tends to stick to a more strict schedule, though it can get a little off at times.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

aaron sica

« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2024, 12:02:24 PM »
Freevee seems like they have far less commercial breaks than the others. I can usually watch 3 or 4 segments in a row before there is another commercial break.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2024, 12:57:51 PM »

It's always been that way. The feed Roku uses (and is also on Amazon Freevee, Plex and maybe others) has fewer commercial breaks and isn't beholden to start shows on the top or bottom of the hour. The Pluto feed has more commercial breaks and tends to stick to a more strict schedule, though it can get a little off at times.

Ok, so as the days and weeks go by, the streams get farther and farther apart. It's not like one is six hours ahead of the other.

bwood

« Reply #309 on: July 31, 2024, 07:35:47 PM »
The Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! Channels have been removed from the PlutoTV Lineup.
It was a 2 Year Contract beginning 8/1/22 and was not renewed.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2024, 09:19:37 PM by bwood »

cmjb13

« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2024, 09:36:19 PM »
The Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! Channels have been removed from the PlutoTV Lineup.
It was a 2 Year Contract beginning 8/1/22 and was not renewed.
Looks like the on demand episodes are still there
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2024, 11:11:30 AM »
Jeopardy!'s on demand offerings have been removed, however as of this writing Wheel's are still up. Whether that's an oversight (probable) or a separate arrangement, not sure.

jw2001

« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2024, 05:51:33 PM »
I just checked Pluto and Wheel's on-demand episodes have since been removed as well.

Sodboy13

« Reply #313 on: August 27, 2024, 11:56:07 PM »
Pluto has a channel in their Kids section called "No Parents Allowed," and giving it a quick scroll through the next 12 hours, I see episodes of Legends of the Hidden Temple, Figure It Out, GUTS, and a newer Nickelodeon competition series called Paradise Run. We could have a new Nick GAS in the making here.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #314 on: August 28, 2024, 12:43:29 AM »
That would be very acceptable indeed.
Travis L. Eberle