Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For Now, "No Deal"  (Read 3524 times)

Robair

For Now, "No Deal"
« on: February 24, 2004, 12:50:33 PM »
The Futon Critic reports today that ABC has forestalled the scheduled premiere of its game show "Deal or No Deal" from March 10th to a future date. It is not presently known what ABC will put in that time slot, but given the first two nights of "Super Millionaire", its competitive ratings, and the exploits of its first two players, could ABC be eying the show as a weekly or a biweekly staple again?
--Robair

aaron sica

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 12:55:58 PM »
I hope not....

I love watching "Super Millionaire", and I enjoyed watching the original when it came out in '99 (I think I watched all but one show during the original run in August of same year).

I really lost interest in the show when it became a regular series and all over ABC's schedule. This show is best served in chunks, during sweeps, every couple of months, whichever.

itiparanoid13

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 03:14:08 PM »
i started to lose interest once it hit 3 nights a week.  Hey, i wouldnt mind if it was weekly, but just make sure its ONCE WEEKLY.  No matter what they say, we all know SM will be back by the end of March/beginning of February

uncamark

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 03:53:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Robair\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 12:50 PM\']The Futon Critic reports today that ABC has forestalled the scheduled premiere of its game show "Deal or No Deal" from March 10th to a future date. It is not presently known what ABC will put in that time slot, but given the first two nights of "Super Millionaire", its competitive ratings, and the exploits of its first two players, could ABC be eying the show as a weekly or a biweekly staple again?[/quote]
And run the risk of being called by every critic in America after saying, "oh, we learned our lesson, we won't overexpose 'Millionaire' again, blah, blah, blah..."?  I know that execs and critics don't like each other, but unless "Super Millionaire"'s pulling 30 shares, Lloyd knows that he can't do what he did back in 2000 again.

Or he *should* know.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2004, 04:24:56 PM by uncamark »

gtbecbp

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 04:06:07 PM »
I most certainly hope that Super Millionaire is never made a regular series.  I don't want to lose intrest in this show like I did in the original.  (Syndie version excluded, It came after a long-enough vacation from the ABC version.)

Ben

Kevin Prather

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 11:37:43 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 01:14 PM\'] No matter what they say, we all know SM will be back by the end of March/beginning of February [/quote]
 February comes after March now? Damn, Pope Gregory must be rollin' over in his grave!

CaseyAbell

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2004, 02:25:40 PM »
Maybe he meant February, 2005. Can we get a loophole here?

Timsterino

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2004, 02:59:33 PM »
You will not see Super Millionaire in spurts of longer than 2 weeks, at least for the time being. I do see the show possibly coming back in May, I think ABC will and should consider it at least.

Tim :-)

itiparanoid13

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2004, 03:58:25 PM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 11:37 PM\'] [quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Feb 24 2004, 01:14 PM\'] No matter what they say, we all know SM will be back by the end of March/beginning of February [/quote]
February comes after March now? Damn, Pope Gregory must be rollin' over in his grave! [/quote]
 oops.  lol.  i didnt even notice i did that.  my mistake.

uncamark

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2004, 04:25:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' date=\'Feb 25 2004, 02:59 PM\']You will not see Super Millionaire in spurts of longer than 2 weeks, at least for the time being. I do see the show possibly coming back in May, I think ABC will and should consider it at least.[/quote]
Braun already says that it's pencilled in for May.  He could change his mind, but even coming in third last night it still did better than "Blue" did last week.

ChuckNet

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2004, 05:33:43 PM »
Braun already says that it's pencilled in for May. He could change his mind, but even coming in third last night it still did better than "Blue" did last week.

Def proof that Millionaire still has legs...and if Braun and Co. continue to take it slow and not kill the golden goose like last time, this could be the start of something!

Chuck Donegan (The Hopeful "Chuckie Baby")

JayC

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2004, 08:58:39 PM »
Super Millionaire will only come back if it's in reruns until fall

bandit_bobby

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2004, 11:23:42 PM »
Hopefully this posponement is not for a stupid reality show.

Craig Karlberg

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2004, 05:18:59 AM »
I guess Super Millionaire is very competitive ratings wise.  Tuesday's numbers were an 8.4/14 I think.  That's an 11.4% jump from Monday night.  I would change that pencil to a pen for May.

uncamark

For Now, "No Deal"
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2004, 04:51:07 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' date=\'Feb 25 2004, 11:23 PM\']Hopefully this posponement is not for a stupid reality show.[/quote]
As far as we know, "Deal" simply wasn't ready yet.  Considering that they hadn't hired a host yet, I would believe that.  If a reality series pops up in the time slot, it's pure coincidence.