Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What Time Is It, Kids?  (Read 3502 times)

Mike Tennant

What Time Is It, Kids?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2004, 10:24:11 AM »
No fair!  After I went to all the trouble of coming up with a slew of atrocious puns, GSWitch gets all the heat.  Life just isn't fair.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
What Time Is It, Kids?
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2004, 11:23:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Feb 26 2004, 08:24 AM\'] No fair!  After I went to all the trouble of coming up with a slew of atrocious puns, GSWitch gets all the heat.  Life just isn't fair. [/quote]
Quite a few years ago, there was a computer game about nuclear escalation...I don't remember the exact title, but I remember reading the review in the ORIGINAL Electronic Games magazine, to give you an idea of how far back we're talking about. (Man, that was an incredible magazine. R.I.P.) Anyhow, the point was to hold political influence WITHOUT World War III breaking out and the nukes flying. If you failed at this task, a single text screen came up, which I'm quoting to the best my shoddy memory will allow:

"You have touched off a nuclear holocaust.

"And no, there will be no pretty graphics of missiles flying, or bright explosions, or mushroom clouds.

"We do not reward failure."

Take from that what you will. ;)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 11:29:10 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

MikeK

• Martha!
What Time Is It, Kids?
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2004, 11:24:30 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' date=\'Feb 26 2004, 10:24 AM\'] No fair!  After I went to all the trouble of coming up with a slew of atrocious puns, GSWitch gets all the heat.  Life just isn't fair. [/quote]
 Sorry, Mike.  Your puns made sense and weren't about either Scrappy Doo or cackling witches.  Try again.

opimus

What Time Is It, Kids?
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2004, 11:27:09 AM »
Mike , serves you Enright.

WhammyPower

What Time Is It, Kids?
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2004, 12:38:39 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Feb 26 2004, 10:24 AM\'] Sorry, Mike.  Your puns made sense and weren't about either Scrappy Doo or cackling witches.  Try again. [/quote]
In other words, he Barryed it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 12:38:53 PM by WhammyPower »

PeterMarshallFan

What Time Is It, Kids?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2004, 04:57:06 PM »
What TPiR game has contestants placing spices into three groups, based on their price, with two 20 second chances to get them all right?

THYME IS MONEY!

[ducking big time]

Monarx

What Time Is It, Kids?
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2004, 05:49:33 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Feb 26 2004, 04:57 PM\'] What TPiR game has contestants placing spices into three groups, based on their price, with two 20 second chances to get them all right?

THYME IS MONEY!

[ducking big time] [/quote]
 That reminds me.

With the recent happenings, the producers of TPiR have unveiled a new game which will all but guarantee a winner, but the prize budget is lacking.

It's called Dime is Money.
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?