Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR question  (Read 4492 times)

GS Warehouse

TPiR question
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2004, 12:54:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 12:36 PM\'] [quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 12:20 PM\'] He wasn't exactly spectacular, but he wasn't terrible, either....far from it. He was OK...and for a first-timer, OK is pretty good.

But then again, I'd welcome Rich Jeffries back with open arms over Daniel Rosen. [/quote]
I'd welcome a poo sandwich over Daniel Rosen. [/quote]
 Be careful what you wish for:

Bob: What's the next item up for bids, Jeffrey?
Jeffrey Tambor: It's a bowl of oatmeal!
[fast forward]
"Hey now, this is Jeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhffrey Tambor speaking for..."
[click]

Yes, I know Tambor is already tied to Fox's Arrested Development now, but given its ratings he'll likely be a free agent in May.

PeterMarshallFan

TPiR question
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2004, 02:35:51 PM »
He seems like he could be good, given some time to improve. He had good energy, just needed to put it in the correct places.

whewfan

TPiR question
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2004, 04:05:26 PM »
The first day jitters were there, but Roger did a fairly decent job IMO. However, he certainly doesn't tip the scales, and I am still in the Randy West camp.

One thing to note, the audience was literally at the edge of their seats throughout the show, so that might say something for Roger's warmup.

Bob, however, seemed to be in a "rush, rush, rush" mood, as he barely spent any time talking to the contestants.

zachhoran

TPiR question
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2004, 07:19:16 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 04:05 PM\'] The first day jitters were there, but Roger did a fairly decent job IMO. However, he certainly doesn't tip the scales, and I am still in the Randy West camp.

One thing to note, the audience was literally at the edge of their seats throughout the show, so that might say something for Roger's warmup.

Bob, however, seemed to be in a "rush, rush, rush" mood, as he barely spent any time talking to the contestants. [/quote]
 We'll see how he does on his second show on Monday, which just happens to be a historic one for TPIR :) But he didn't do too bad for day one.

With H2 finito, I wonder if Fremantle would consider John Moschitta for auditions?

passwordplus

TPiR question
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2004, 10:16:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 12:36 PM\'] [quote name=\'Steve_Bier\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 12:20 PM\'] He wasn't exactly spectacular, but he wasn't terrible, either....far from it. He was OK...and for a first-timer, OK is pretty good.

But then again, I'd welcome Rich Jeffries back with open arms over Daniel Rosen. [/quote]
I'd welcome a poo sandwich over Daniel Rosen. [/quote]
 Hell, Patrick Wayne might be a god-send over "Daniel Rosen".

tvmitch

TPiR question
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2004, 01:04:30 AM »
Rich Fields is an anchor/weatherguy at KPSP CBS2, Thousand Palms, California.

http://kpsp.elemedium.com/www1/newsarticle...ws&network=kpsp
You should follow me on Twitter

tvrandywest

TPiR question
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2004, 01:12:06 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 04:19 PM\'] With H2 finito, I wonder if Fremantle would consider John Moschitta for auditions? [/quote]
I talked with John last weekend about this. He had been in conversation and had submitted tapes, but was passed over for a potential on-air try-out.   ;-(

Just got an e-mail saying that cbs.com has added Roger's name to their poll. If so, I assume they'll be starting a new tally of votes. (HINT!  ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: February 28, 2004, 01:17:27 AM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

trainman

TPiR question
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2004, 02:30:36 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 04:19 PM\'] With H2 finito, I wonder if Fremantle would consider John Moschitta for auditions? [/quote]
 "...the fabulous 40-minute 'Price Is Right'!"
trainman is a man of trains

cmjb13

TPiR question
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2004, 06:22:56 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 01:12 AM\']He had been in conversation and had submitted tapes, but was passed over for a potential on-air try-out.[/quote]
I can understand why
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

TPiR question
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2004, 07:45:23 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 01:12 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Feb 27 2004, 04:19 PM\'] With H2 finito, I wonder if Fremantle would consider John Moschitta for auditions? [/quote]
I talked with John last weekend about this. He had been in conversation and had submitted tapes, but was passed over for a potential on-air try-out.   ;-(

Just got an e-mail saying that cbs.com has added Roger's name to their poll. If so, I assume they'll be starting a new tally of votes. (HINT!  ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 bad for John, good for Randy. Unlike Roger, Art, and Daniel, however, at least John M. has a bit of national GS announcing experience.

ChuckNet

TPiR question
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2004, 11:45:15 AM »
Any word as to how long these on-air tryouts will continue? I'm seriously considering sending a tape to Roger and Co.

Chuck Donegan (The Optimistic "Chuckie Baby")