Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A few nuggets from a Wise Man  (Read 2046 times)

mmb5

A few nuggets from a Wise Man
« on: February 28, 2004, 11:13:57 AM »
Some info I gleaned from one of the Wise Men:

1. They are absolutely sworn to secrecy on their efforts.  Hence, no interviews.  Must be driving the professor crazy.

2. The area for shooting was dubbed by Nancy Christy as "the manger".

3. The manger is actually in another building.

4. The manger is also quite cold in order to keep the dry ice going.  With all the CO2 and chill, it is recommended that if you ever become a wise man, bring a plant.

5. You get scale and per diem.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Fedya

« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 11:35:56 AM »
Bring a plant?  You mean like a house plant?

I must be missing something here, since I don't see how that would keep you warm.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

Clay Zambo

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 12:00:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 11:35 AM\'] Bring a plant?  You mean like a house plant?

I must be missing something here, since I don't see how that would keep you warm. [/quote]
 Oh, dear.  Google "photosynthesis."  And pack a sweater.

Seriously, I'm not surprised they're not in the same studio, but in another building? Hm.
czambo@mac.com

rugrats1

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 12:34:21 PM »
They are absolutely sworn to secrecy on their efforts. Hence, no interviews. Must be driving the professor crazy.

What about after the show airs, provided that they have more information other than face time (at the least)?

mmb5

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2004, 03:28:11 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 12:34 PM\']
They are absolutely sworn to secrecy on their efforts. Hence, no interviews. Must be driving the professor crazy.

What about after the show airs, provided that they have more information other than face time (at the least)? [/quote]
 No interviews before.  No interviews during.  No interviews after.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

thgames65

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 02:21:06 AM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 03:28 PM\'][quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 12:34 PM\']

What about after the show airs, provided that they have more information other than face time (at the least)? [/quote]

--Mike[/quote]
Not completely correct.

Check out http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/02/27/super...re_wisemenfail/ and click on the video link.

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2004, 02:32:05 PM »
[quote name=\'thgames65\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 02:21 AM\'][quote name=\'mmb5\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 03:28 PM\'][quote name=\'rugrats1\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 12:34 PM\']

--Mike[/quote]
Not completely correct.

Check out http://et.tv.yahoo.com/tv/2004/02/27/super...re_wisemenfail/ and click on the video link.[/quote]
Perhaps more correctly, "no interviews without clearing it through ABC first."  The guy from "ET" didn't get his crew to them without the ABC PR person letting him through.  The Perfesser probably couldn't E-mail a Wise Man on his own without ABC approval--and I'm sure ABC wouldn't agree to an E-mail or IM interview.

tvwxman

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2004, 10:40:23 PM »
Correct...ABC publicity was with me when we went hunting for John Carpenter after his stint as a Wise Man earlier in the week..

Unfortunately, thanks to a "Jimmy Kimmel Live" bit they shot with Uncle Frank after the show was taped, by the time we made it to the manger to talk to John, he was already back in CT.

oh well...
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"