Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Super Millionaire payouts  (Read 3467 times)

thgames65

Super Millionaire payouts
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2004, 01:07:24 AM »
[quote name=\'gsnstooge\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 05:44 PM\']
What did you think of Gordon Elliott?[/quote]
I think Gordon did a good job.   He was brought on as host about a week before taping started, so naturally not everything about the production was smooth.  He was very friendly and comforting to all of the contestants.  During the breaks that occurred during my taping I even had a chance to talk to him a little bit about the Iron Chef NY Battle that he hosted earlier that year.  He and I also did an online chat session for FOX the night my show aired, and he continued to be jovial during the chat as well as "off the record".    I admit that there is some smarminess to his persona, but I think that it is on par with many game show hosts.

Tim

tommycharles

Super Millionaire payouts
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2004, 01:55:23 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Feb 23 2004, 06:57 PM\'] We know this for certain (in fact part of me wants to say that at least at one time it was Lloyd's of London) because at one point during the original series there was some bitching on their end about threatening to pull their policy because they felt the questions weren't as difficult as they were represented to be when WWTBAM took out the initial policy. [/quote]
 You'd be right, Chris. I'm pretty sure Lloyd's pulled out after the November sweep of the initial year, though.

Oh, and interesting insurance policy factoid: the original UK run had a policy that stipulated that if anyone won the million pounds, the remaining episodes would be played for a top prize of five hundred thousand pounds.