Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Super Millionaire February Finals  (Read 3490 times)

Timsterino

Super Millionaire February Finals
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2004, 12:06:28 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Feb 28 2004, 02:06 PM\'] Survey time:
How many of you believed, as I did, that the final player on Friday night's show was going to llama out since he was called to play shortly before the episode's conclusion? [/quote]
 [Raises hand also]

I am surprised they have a carryover for two months.

Tim :-)

Timsterino

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2004, 12:07:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 09:59 AM\'] Isn't it possible that they'll tape the remainder of his questions now, and edit them into the first episode in May?  They just won't show the new Fastest-Finger contestants until after he finishes his run in the Hot Seat - or just edit in their faces. [/quote]
 But they didn't. He has a lot of time to study.

Tim :-)

massman1

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2004, 12:41:01 PM »
[quote name=\'ShoeHorn\' date=\'Feb 29 2004, 08:22 PM\'] I figured they would run it extended unannounced like they did with the celeb episode with Norm McDonald. That ran until about 10:10 unannounced, if I remember correctly.
Either that ep or some other did, but I remember that it kept on playing right through the first 8 or 9 minutes of ER. [/quote]
The problem with doing that on Friday would have been that the extended time would have run into and pushed back the affiliates' late news time slot - I'm no expert (he said, while ducking) but I don't think that would be appreciated during sweeps (I'm guessing that any lead-in benefit would be negated by those who switched channels wanting to see the late news asap).

I was 50/50 (pun unintended) whether they had a llama at the end or they were sneaking one last contestant in then hold him over until May.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 12:56:36 PM by massman1 »

uncrph90

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2004, 02:56:12 PM »
I figured they would run it extended unannounced like they did with the celeb episode with Norm McDonald. That ran until about 10:10 unannounced, if I remember correctly.
Either that ep or some other did, but I remember that it kept on playing right through the first 8 or 9 minutes of ER.

Hey--now that's really the way to boost ABC's ratings--take over NBC and broadcast over their programs!

Don Howard

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2004, 03:37:41 PM »
[quote name=\'uncrph90\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 02:56 PM\']
I figured they would run it extended unannounced like they did with the celeb episode with Norm McDonald. That ran until about 10:10 unannounced, if I remember correctly.
Either that ep or some other did, but I remember that it kept on playing right through the first 8 or 9 minutes of ER.

Hey--now that's really the way to boost ABC's ratings--take over NBC and broadcast over their programs! [/quote]
 No, no, you silly man. That meant that anyone tuned to ABC for Regis and friends who might have wanted to switch to NBC at 10:00pm Eastern time ended up missing most of the first act (Quinn Martin lives!!) of ER.

starcade

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2004, 06:19:26 PM »
I didn't -- I was just wondering what they were going to do with him...

(I guess he wins TWO trips to NYC then...  Not a bad deal -- and at least $5000 to boot)