Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Icey at the Oscars  (Read 1561 times)

Matt Ottinger

Icey at the Oscars
« on: March 01, 2004, 01:05:46 AM »
Freakishly tall, freakishly blonde and vaguely vacant-looking?  While I'm sure that could apply to a lot of starlets in Hollywood, I'm pretty sure that Cram's Ms. Berglind was handing out the little gold men tonight in the Kodak Theatre.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

brianhenke

Icey at the Oscars
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 01:28:55 AM »
In addition, Billy Bush (LMAD03 host, if you recall) was the co-host of Countdown to the Oscars, which aired on ABC. Congrats to LOTR:ROTK for the unprecedented 11-for-11 SWEEP!

Brian

100 plus 100 equals 600?

We want some more pro wrestling (STILL) and NASCAR questions!
The leaves start to change color in May?

calliaume

Icey at the Oscars
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 11:28:40 AM »
[quote name=\'brianhenke\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 01:28 AM\'] In addition, Billy Bush (LMAD03 host, if you recall) was the co-host of Countdown to the Oscars [/quote]
 And if Variety ran a headline that also served as a review, it would read:  "Billy Bush Bombs Bigtime at Before-Oscar Bash".

Bush (who only trails Monty Hall in episodes hosted of Let's Make a Deal by about 4,548) actually dredged up the most cringe-worthy Oscar moment of the last 10 years, for reasons known only to him.  From Phil Rosenthal of the Chicago Sun-Times:

OPRAH-UMA REDUX: Not only did Billy Bush on the ABC pre-show reprise David Letterman's ill-advised 1995 introduction of Oprah Winfrey to Uma Thurman, but he earnestly attempted a stagey, awkward intro of young "Whale Rider" nominee Keisha Castle-Hughes to fellow nominee Johnny Depp of "Pirates of the Caribbean."

An Associated Press reporter watching Crystal prepare for the real show overheard him offer a review of Bush to no one in particular, "This is the most annoying man in show business."

There's one to put on the ol' resume!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Icey at the Oscars
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 12:20:28 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 09:28 AM\'] Bush (who only trails Monty Hall in episodes hosted of Let's Make a Deal by about 4,548) [/quote]
 "Lindros has now player in 3 consecutive games...he's 2,124 behind Cal Ripken..."

-- Keith Olbermann
An Associated Press reporter watching Crystal prepare for the real show overheard him offer a review of Bush to no one in particular, "This is the most annoying man in show business."[/i]

There's one to put on the ol' resume!
Billy Bush does have certain Bobby Van-like qualities about him. Mostly the negative ones. I still think he ran a pretty good trading floor, tho.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

carlopanno

Icey at the Oscars
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2004, 02:59:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Mar 1 2004, 12:20 PM\'] Billy Bush does have certain Bobby Van-like qualities about him. Mostly the negative ones. I still think he ran a pretty good trading floor, tho. [/quote]
 Y'know, I thought he was doing okay until Monty came out and did one deal with a veteran player. The old guy had more energy and fun in his one deal than Billy Bush had in the whole rest of the series.

He may find his niche, but for the moment I would rule out game shows and the Oscars®.

--T