Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Supermarket Sweep cameramen question  (Read 1869 times)

johnnya2k3

Supermarket Sweep cameramen question
« on: March 02, 2004, 06:34:03 PM »
Supermarket Sweep never had time for a complete credit roll, but I know they had three wireless RF cameras that followed the shoppers during the Big Sweep round.

This may be the corniest question I've ever asked here, but who were those cameramen? I'm sure one or all of them covered the Oscars over the weekend.

Jonathan Allen
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 09:06:00 PM by johnnya2k3 »

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 06:51:46 PM »
Actually, the term I've heard used in connection with that episode as of late is "practice show," meaning NBC already picked it up, and that episode was just to make sure Gene was comfortable with the format (which was tweaked between the practice show and the premiere) and to see how it looked as a "real show," which explains the presence ofa sponsor and commercials in an episode that was never going to air.

rugrats1

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 07:12:34 PM »
Adam -- maybe you meant to post your message in this thread:

http://gameshow.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3415
« Last Edit: March 02, 2004, 07:13:06 PM by rugrats1 »

tvrandywest

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 11:35:58 PM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 03:34 PM\']This may be the corniest question I've ever asked here, but who were those cameramen? [/quote]
Names? You want names? Will these guys need temporary restraining orders? By giving names I think I'd probably violate some provision of the PATRIOT Act.
(Protecting All Truth and Rationality In and On Television   ;-)

Fact is I'm so bad with names that I write everyone's on scraps of paper I keep in my pockets. In January I put on the wrong jacket and called Barker "Alan Thicke"!

But you're right that it's a pretty incestuous little world with the same crew members working multiple shows. Director Chris Darley and AD Greg Schowengerdt from "Sweep" worked H2, and the "Sweep" stage manager John Esposito is an alternate at the Tonight Show and moonlights with me at "Big Spin". "Sweep" Booth PA Elissa Lenard is pals with music mistress Maryann Jorgenson from "Price". So if you want names, I'm passing the buck. Chris, Greg, John or Elissa know them better than I do.   ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

davemackey

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 06:42:23 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 11:35 PM\'] Fact is I'm so bad with names that I write everyone's on scraps of paper I keep in my pockets. In January I put on the wrong jacket and called Barker "Alan Thicke"! [/quote]
No, Randy, you didn't put on the wrong jacket. You just put one that is probably out of style by now... how many years ago was "Three's A Crowd"? ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 06:43:33 PM by davemackey »