Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Convention  (Read 4416 times)

Rastaub

Game Show Convention
« on: March 02, 2004, 07:01:10 PM »
Game Show Convention 2004 or GSC 12

This year I will be cohosting the convention with Andrew Kudey.  

When:      Thursday June 3 2004—Sunday June 6 2004

Where:      Inkerman, PA at the home of Bob Staub

For those who ask where Inkerman is, it is in Northeast PA in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area

The Theme is scheduled to be 1987. The following games are scheduled to be played Sale of the Century, Card Sharks, High Rollers, and Super Password.  

Lodging – I am able to play host at least 4-6. Also there is nearby lodging at several reasonably cheap hotels/motels. All lodging is within 3-4 miles of my home.  

The following places are available  

SUPER 8 MOTEL – PITTSTON

307 Hwy 315, Pittston, PA  18640, US
Phone: 570-654-3301 * Fax: 570-883-0288
http://www.super8.com/Super8/control/Booki...29&brandInfo=SE

Knights Inn  
310 Route 315
Pittston, PA, 18640 US
570-654-6020
http://www.knightsinn.com/KnightsInn/contr...#33;-1884566297

Holiday Inn Express  
  30 Concorde Drive
I-81 Exit 178A
PITTSTON, PA 18641
UNITED STATES

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/a...equestid=629379

Food-     Food will be discussed at length at the event itself. However a cookout is scheduled as is a dinner at a local restaurant. There are countless chains restaurants within 5 miles including Krispy Kreme.

Arrival Time is tentatively scheduled for sometime on June 3rd.  

Departure is scheduled for sometime on June 6th  

This event is open to anyone looking to have a good time playing, watching, and just generally discussing game shows.

If anyone has any questions, comments, suggestions, or to confirm that you will be attending   Please send me an email at  

Rastaub@adelphia.net  

Bob Staub

Gsguy

Game Show Convention
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 10:23:45 PM »
How do you get into one of those conventions?

Card Shark

Game Show Convention
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 06:59:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Gsguy\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 10:23 PM\'] How do you get into one of those conventions? [/quote]
 There's a whole application and interview process. Good luck! No, just kidding. I believe you just have to have your own sleeping arrangements and transportation. Just tell these guys that you're coming.
Adam Strom

daveromanjr

Game Show Convention
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 07:07:52 PM »
I'm hoping to go!  If anybody needs a ride from Beaver, PA or thereabouts, let me know.  I'd rather not drive by myself its so boring.

zachhoran

Game Show Convention
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 07:16:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 06:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'Gsguy\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 10:23 PM\'] How do you get into one of those conventions? [/quote]
There's a whole application and interview process. Good luck! No, just kidding. [/quote]
 But that is what qualifies you to do a phone cameo, as Mary Lou Basaraba did in 1998 :)

dzinkin

Game Show Convention
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 07:20:45 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 06:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'Gsguy\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 10:23 PM\'] How do you get into one of those conventions? [/quote]
There's a whole application and interview process. Good luck! No, just kidding. [/quote]
But that is what qualifies you to do a phone cameo, as Mary Lou Basaraba did in 1998 :) [/quote]
 Must... control... typing... fingers... of... death...

zachhoran

Game Show Convention
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 08:09:27 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 06:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'Gsguy\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 10:23 PM\'] How do you get into one of those conventions? [/quote]
But that is what qualifies you to do a phone cameo, as Mary Lou Basaraba did in 1998 :) [/quote]
Must... control... typing... fingers... of... death... [/quote]
 You're starting to sound a little like Lemon(no offense, Chris)

J.R.

Game Show Convention
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 08:22:40 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 06:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'Gsguy\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 10:23 PM\'] How do you get into one of those conventions? [/quote]
Just what is the big controvery surrounding Mary Lou Basaraba anyway ? I have one ep of "Super Pay Cards" and the only thing I notice is her thick Canadian accent.

Me and my father will be at the GSC for sure ! To any possible newbies, attending a GSC is a pure treat and more fun than you could imagine watching TV !(I mean that in a positive way too !)
-Joe R.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 08:23:50 PM by JRaygor »
-Joe Raygor

dzinkin

Game Show Convention
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 08:23:20 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 08:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 06:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'Gsguy\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 10:23 PM\'] How do you get into one of those conventions? [/quote]
You're starting to sound a little like Lemon(no offense, Chris) [/quote]
 I've been using that line since before I knew who Lemon was.  And of course, the "fist of death" line came from Dilbert; I just adapted it for my own use.

I was going to say that I was sorry I couldn't attend the convention, but if you're planning to do another cameo, maybe my having to work is a blessing in disguise.

dzinkin

Game Show Convention
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 08:26:03 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 08:22 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 06:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'Gsguy\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 10:23 PM\'] How do you get into one of those conventions? [/quote]
Just what is the big controvery surrounding Mary Lou Basaraba anyway ? I have one ep of "Super Pay Cards" and the only thing I notice is her thick Canadian accent.

Me and my father will be at the GSC for sure ! To any possible newbies, attending a GSC is a pure treat and more fun than you could imagine watching TV !(I mean that in a positive way too !)
-Joe R. [/quote]
 My line was a reference not to the lovely Miss Bananarama, but to someone from Jersey who did a phone cameo at the 2002 GSC.

zachhoran

Game Show Convention
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2004, 08:26:12 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 08:23 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 08:09 PM\'] [quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:20 PM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 07:16 PM\'] [quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 06:59 PM\'] [quote name=\'Gsguy\' date=\'Mar 2 2004, 10:23 PM\'] How do you get into one of those conventions? [/quote]
You're starting to sound a little like Lemon(no offense, Chris) [/quote]
I've been using that line since before I knew who Lemon was.  And of course, the "fist of death" line came from Dilbert; I just adapted it for my own use.

I was going to say that I was sorry I couldn't attend the convention, but if you're planning to do another cameo, maybe my having to work is a blessing in disguise. [/quote]
 I say nothing about whether I'd do another cameo, but I won't do an in-person one :)

ClockGameJohn

Game Show Convention
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2004, 08:34:14 PM »
Hmmm...it's in Pennsylvania.  Zach, can't you cross the river for this?  I might even go.

zachhoran

Game Show Convention
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2004, 08:35:39 PM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 08:34 PM\'] Hmmm...it's in Pennsylvania.  Zach, can't you cross the river for this?  I might even go. [/quote]
JOhn, I don't think you understand the dynamics of this, seeing you've only been a part of this group for about a year. Unlike the TPIR board that we're both on(though I don't post there anymore), there are people around here that have had and still had issues with me from two to eight years(they know who they are), and I choose not to attend. My "phone cameo" reference refers to one I made in 2002 that put some of said attendees of that GSC off. A few people were pissed off that I made that reference. Also, I'm not too familiar with the people running this year's GSC. And, said weekend is in Summer, which means work committments would keep me from an in-person cameo.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 07:23:39 PM by zachhoran »

whewfan

Game Show Convention
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2004, 09:48:12 PM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 08:22 PM\']

[/quote]
 I think the kindest way to put it is.... she's a little unpolished, and Mary Lou herself sort of admitted that she thought she was rusty. She did call us at GSC9.... unfortunately she had little to say about Super Pay Cards or game shows in general.

She went to audition for Super Pay Cards just on a whim. She said she had no experience to speak of, and in her words, "everyone at the audition was much prettier than I am".  However, she did get the job, and she asked the producers why they chose HER. They said they needed someone that read plugs well and could interact well with Art James.

She also said that she watched herself in the early run, and noticed she wasn't looking at the camera,  and tried to make other notes about her performance. So, the next taping, she looked at the camera the whole time, and the producers commented she had improved.

Another interesting thing to note. Apparently there was some fan of the show that had some obsession with her and was "stalking" her. When we asked Art James about it at GSC8, Art joked "That was ME!" :-)

Gsguy

Game Show Convention
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2004, 10:02:41 PM »
What kind of stuff is done at the convention besides what's been said already?