Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Convention  (Read 4414 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Convention
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2004, 11:31:01 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 06:35 PM\'] There are people around here that have had and still had issues with me from two to eight years(they know who they are), and I choose not to attend. My "phone cameo" reference refers to one I made in 2002 that put some of said attendees of that GSC off. A few people were pissed off tonight that I made that reference. [/quote]
 Wow. You would think that when one is AWARE that one is so annoying that one fears for their safety at a public event that one would take steps to at least review their behavior and figure out why.

And if you can't figure out why people would be pissed off at your obvious pride over what was no more than a semi-glorified prank-call, well, then I dunno what to do for you.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

whewfan

Game Show Convention
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2004, 05:28:12 AM »
Well, it wasn't exactly a prank call. I was at that GSC, and Tom Hornikel, who was one of the people in charge of the GSC, KNEW that Zach was going to call.  So really, the joke was on Zach.

zachhoran

Game Show Convention
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2004, 06:37:09 AM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 05:28 AM\'] Well, it wasn't exactly a prank call. I was at that GSC, and Tom Hornikel, who was one of the people in charge of the GSC, KNEW that Zach was going to call.  So really, the joke was on Zach. [/quote]
 If Tom didn't want me to call, he could have told me not to and I wouldn't have. The GSC that year was his hosting. I apologize to those people who were pissed off last night about my "reference"

dzinkin

Game Show Convention
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2004, 08:23:46 AM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 06:37 AM\'] If Tom didn't want me to call, he could have told me not to and I wouldn't have. The GSC that year was his hosting. I apologize to those people who were pissed off last night about my "reference" [/quote]
 Horse manure.  You'd have called anyway, and you're not sorry in the least.  You pretend to be sorry, but you never are.

TimK2003

Game Show Convention
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2004, 08:53:13 AM »
[quote name=\'Gsguy\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 10:02 PM\'] What kind of stuff is done at the convention besides what's been said already? [/quote]
 Well, if we are lucky, we get at least one representative from every state in the country to either come or call.  It's a difficult process, but it involves coming up with our choice for our nomination for President and Vice-President of the US.

Barker is usually our choice for Pres, however this year VP is up for grabs -- there has been talk of Trebek as a running mate, as well as Woolery, even Bergeron.  Someone I know in Salt Lake City is mounting a Donny Osmond campaign...

On a related note, I was briefly upbeat when they said the convention was to be in Northeast PA -- only to find out it was to be in the Northeast 'part' of PA, and not in Northeast, PA (a town on I-90 at the PA/NY border, 20 minutes from Erie).

TimK2003

Game Show Convention
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2004, 08:56:08 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 08:23 AM\'] [quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 06:37 AM\'] If Tom didn't want me to call, he could have told me not to and I wouldn't have. The GSC that year was his hosting. I apologize to those people who were pissed off last night about my "reference" [/quote]
Horse manure.  You'd have called anyway, and you're not sorry in the least.  You pretend to be sorry, but you never are. [/quote]
 But the GSC-ers had the last laugh...there was some sort of 'phone problem' with the call just as Zach revealed himself as the mystery caller....more like a 'disconnection'.  But Zach never called them back!

zachhoran

Game Show Convention
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2004, 07:19:58 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' date=\'Mar 6 2004, 08:56 AM\']
But the GSC-ers had the last laugh...there was some sort of 'phone problem' with the call just as Zach revealed himself as the mystery caller....more like a 'disconnection'.  But Zach never called them back! [/quote]
Tim, were you there to witness this? I'm assuming you were. I wasn't upset about it, whatever it was that happened.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 07:27:00 PM by zachhoran »

KrisW73

Game Show Convention
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2004, 08:29:10 PM »
Bump.

Don Howard

Game Show Convention
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2004, 10:39:25 PM »
[quote name=\'KrisW73\' date=\'May 5 2004, 07:29 PM\'] Bump. [/quote]
 Oh, for heaven's sake.

Craig Karlberg

Game Show Convention
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2004, 04:45:50 AM »
Yeah, do we REALLY need to "bump" this one from the perverbial grave?

KrisW73

Game Show Convention
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2004, 11:30:45 AM »
Well Im sorry I didnt know if anyone is interested or not.  Ill go back to lurking again.

uncamark

Game Show Convention
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2004, 11:48:14 AM »
[quote name=\'KrisW73\' date=\'May 5 2004, 07:29 PM\']Bump.[/quote]
The only Bumps we need around here are Janice and Dian's.

Matt Ottinger

Game Show Convention
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2004, 11:58:50 AM »
[quote name=\'KrisW73\' date=\'May 6 2004, 11:30 AM\'] Well Im sorry I didnt know if anyone is interested or not.  Ill go back to lurking again. [/quote]
 Or you could post comments and questions about game shows.  Heck, you could even have posted something like "Hey, this convention thing sounds interesting, I think I'll attend!"  One sentence like that would have served *exactly* the same purpose as "BUMP" and you would have escaped this criticism.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

KrisW73

Game Show Convention
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2004, 11:59:57 AM »
Well I am sorry :)

I wasn't aware of this I thought it was relevant as it was a month away.  I'll be in the TTD 90 room if you need me. :)

J.R.

Game Show Convention
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2004, 03:09:07 PM »
Me and Daddy Raygor will be attending ! I am tell all who are attending that I am bringing a big surprise for you all !

To quote NBC's Slogan in the mid 80s: "Lets All Be There !"
-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor