Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Grand Slam pilot approved by ABC  (Read 5839 times)

uncamark

Grand Slam pilot approved by ABC
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2004, 12:10:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 11:37 AM\']Does Ralph Andrews know about this show?[/quote]
It's not *his* "50 Grand Slam," by a long shot.  The only similarities are the tournament format (loosely) and the quiz element.

Of course, if he's in a litigious mood right now...  :)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2004, 12:29:09 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 12:10 PM\'] [quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 11:37 AM\']Does Ralph Andrews know about this show?[/quote]
It's not *his* "50 Grand Slam," by a long shot.  The only similarities are the tournament format (loosely) and the quiz element.

Of course, if he's in a litigious mood right now...  :) [/quote]
 The titles are similar as well.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

SplitSecond

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2004, 07:19:45 PM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 07:08 AM\'] Well, it sounds like limbo to me when a "very key element" ain't working right. Come on, give us a little hint. Pretty please? [/quote]
 It's not that something isn't working, per se.  It's just that some things are waiting to get the green card... I mean, green light.

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2004, 05:12:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 11:37 AM\'] Does Ralph Andrews know about this show? [/quote]
If he does, we're in trouble already.

Moving closer to 100 posts.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2004, 08:16:21 AM »
It's not that something isn't working, per se. It's just that some things are waiting to get the green card... I mean, green light.
Hm, what things? Come on, just a little more info won't kill us.

tommycharles

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2004, 11:26:12 AM »
[quote name=\'CaseyAbell\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 08:16 AM\']
It's not that something isn't working, per se. It's just that some things are waiting to get the green card... I mean, green light.
Hm, what things? Come on, just a little more info won't kill us. [/quote]
 There's a pretty big hint in Splits comment...remember that the show is being hosted by an Irishman.

CaseyAbell

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2004, 11:42:26 AM »
Green card means immigration problems? That seems like a pretty trivial hang-up. If a host can't work in this country for whatever reason, hire somebody else. If the format of the show is strong enough, any reasonably competent host should be acceptable. Would ABC have scotched Millionaire because they wanted Chris Tarrant and he couldn't get a green card?

I have to think there's some serious doubt at ABC about the whole concept of Deal or No Deal.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 11:43:20 AM by CaseyAbell »