Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jay Wolpert producing Monopoly?  (Read 1589 times)

Jamey Greek

Jay Wolpert producing Monopoly?
« on: March 03, 2004, 08:45:20 AM »
I've noticed on David Livingston's website that Jay Wolpert bought the rights to Monopoly before Merv Griffin produced for ABC.  Could anyone confirm this?  and, When was the pilot supposed to be shot, and what network was it for? and who hosted?

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 08:54:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Jamey Greek\' date=\'Mar 3 2004, 08:45 AM\'] I've noticed on David Livingston's website that Jay Wolpert bought the rights to Monopoly before Merv Griffin produced for ABC.  Could anyone confirm this?  and, When was the pilot supposed to be shot, and what network was it for? and who hosted? [/quote]
 I've not heard about a pilot for a TV version of MOnopoly before the one done in 1988 with Peter Tomarken as host, and Griffin/King World packaged that one. Wolpert did do a Trivial Pursuit pilot c. 1987, as was discussed here a few months back.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 09:03:13 AM »
I've not heard about a pilot for a TV version of MOnopoly before the one done in 1988 with Peter Tomarken as host, and Griffin/King World packaged that one. Wolpert did do a Trivial Pursuit pilot c. 1987, as was discussed here a few months back.

Was that the pilot that was somehow sabotaged?  If it was, exactly how was it sabotaged?  I've heard very little about this over the years.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

bricon

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 02:25:29 PM »
I've not heard about a pilot for a TV version of MOnopoly before the one done in 1988 with Peter Tomarken as host, and Griffin/King World packaged that one.

There was a King World-produced pilot/demo tape that was taped before the Tomarken pilot, hosted by Marc Summers.  Gameplay was more like the actual game of Monopoly, with the host calling play-by-play.