Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Speaking of "It Takes Two" '97...  (Read 1702 times)

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
Speaking of "It Takes Two" '97...
« on: March 03, 2004, 12:11:37 AM »
I might have heard about this at the old ATGS, but I don't remember the content of the story since I breezed through the discussion like a hummingbird.  So I need confirmation and correction for the following story...

I might've read from ATGS that during the early tapings of the failed 1997 remake of It Takes Two, that there were rowdy, steamed audience members that didn't want to be there, even though they were told that producers are going to be paid.  Announcer Burton Richardson was trying to keep the crowd calm, but there was an altercation....?!?

Is this true?
-Sanford

GameShowFan

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 12:06:42 AM »
I might've read from ATGS that during the early tapings of the failed 1997 remake of It Takes Two, that there were rowdy, steamed audience members that didn't want to be there, even though they were told that producers are going to be paid. Announcer Burton Richardson was trying to keep the crowd calm, but there was an altercation....?!?

As a staffer on that show, allow me:

No, there was never an audience altercation per se. Some of these members may not have wanted to be there, and even walked out before the end of taping, but that was about it.

How about a link to the archived a.t.g-s post?

'Brian

bricon

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 05:50:33 PM »
No, there was never an audience altercation per se. Some of these members may not have wanted to be there, and even walked out before the end of taping, but that was about it.

There were days some of the staff members didn't want to be there :)

Monarx

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 08:48:52 PM »
Darn, I thought by the subtitle that they revived Ruckus.  Imagine my disappointment.
The countdown to 100 ended awhile ago, why are you still here?