Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dick Clark Accused of Age Discrimination by Ralph  (Read 3757 times)

BrandonFG

Dick Clark Accused of Age Discrimination by Ralph
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2004, 09:48:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 07:34 PM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 03:15 PM\'] [quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 02:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'tommycharles\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 01:10 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Mar 4 2004, 12:36 PM\']
Mr. *Andrews.*  Oh well, Mr. Andrews is bald and so is Mr. Edwards when he takes his rug off.

[/quote]
Any hints as to which Mr. Edwards you're refering to? Geoff isn't bald, surely?[/quote]
*Ralph* Edwards, not *Geoff* Edwards.  Thought that was obvious. [/quote]
My bad...for some reason I've never heard of Ralph Edwards. [/quote]
Well, Ralph Edwards Productions gave us "Bzzz," so at least his company remained on the cutting edge. [/quote]
And if you want to go back more recently than that, "People's Court."
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Dick Clark Accused of Age Discrimination by Ralph
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2004, 10:49:46 AM »
But obviously Dick never expected his "old friend" would sue him.
That's nonsense. Ralph Andrews has a reputation in the business and Dick Clark is not naive.

I think it's safe to assume that part of Andrews' case will be that executives of Dick Clark Productions flirted with him for a year and led him to believe that he was a viable candidate, then they turned him down solely on the basis of age, not experience or creative ability. In fact Clark admires Andrews' accomplishments in his letter.