The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

GSN to revive Split Second

<< < (7/17) > >>

BillCullen1:
The one show currently on GSN where people buzz in before a question is finished is Catch 21. But those episodes are over 10 years old. Most of the time though, they come up with the correct answer.

Also, if Higgins is hosting Split Second, it means America Says is out of production.

Wow, 3,000 posts. Bartender . . .

clemon79:

--- Quote from: Matt Ottinger on February 28, 2023, 11:14:04 PM ---I'm sure researchers and focus groups and whatever other homogenizing forces have convinced producers that the average viewer does not.
--- End quote ---

Hey, if they wanna stage a broken version of the game, they can do that. I haven't been GSN's target audience for a solid decade anyhow.

SamJ93:

--- Quote from: BillCullen1 on March 01, 2023, 06:32:24 PM ---Also, if Higgins is hosting Split Second, it means America Says is out of production.

--- End quote ---

What makes you think that? Knowing GSN, after banging out 65 episodes of one show, they'll flip the sets over and shoot 65 eps. of the other all within a month.

Clay Zambo:

--- Quote from: Matt Ottinger on March 01, 2023, 10:34:12 AM ---The beauty of Jeopardy is very much that the home audience gets those few extra seconds to process each clue, which exponentially adds to the "play along" factor.  Apparently, the decision has been made that "Split Second" will benefit from the same sort of structure.  I'll still have a soft spot for the more dynamic and strategic original version.

--- End quote ---

I think there's distance between Jeopardy and the stodgy pace of the Monty version. Remaining optimistic.

chad1m:
Game Show Network snuck its first preview of Split Second onto its primetime lineup tonight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version