The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

GSN to revive Split Second

<< < (12/17) > >>

PPatters:

--- Quote from: Joe Mello on April 14, 2023, 11:13:38 PM ---Of all the shows to have excessive chyrons explaining the scoring, you would think Split Second would be the ones that need it the most.

--- End quote ---

So, I was a contestant on this show and… as contestants, we were as clueless. We didn’t know our scores at all until the countdown round. Otherwise, all we had to rely on was when Michael would occasionally say what place we were in.

SamJ93:
Finally had a chance to watch this. Like most GSN originals, the biggest reaction I had was..."meh." If I had no idea that it was a revival of a vastly superior show, I would've thought it was pretty good.

As it stands, though, they desperately need to allow contestants to ring in as soon as the choices are revealed as others mentioned, or at the very least show the buzz-in order lighting up in sequence. The way they do it almost gives the impression to casual viewers that the order is just determined randomly every time.

BillCullen1:
The show is okay. Surprised that GSN doesn't have repeat airings of this and Switch on their schedule.

Joe Mello:

--- Quote from: PPatters on April 16, 2023, 03:38:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: Joe Mello on April 14, 2023, 11:13:38 PM ---Of all the shows to have excessive chyrons explaining the scoring, you would think Split Second would be the ones that need it the most.

--- End quote ---

So, I was a contestant on this show and… as contestants, we were as clueless. We didn’t know our scores at all until the countdown round. Otherwise, all we had to rely on was when Michael would occasionally say what place we were in.

--- End quote ---
That wasn't what I was talking about* but oof. Also retroactive good luck?

*-Usually GSN shows have lower thirds whenever there's any sort of explanation about scoring and there was nothing here.

TLEberle:

--- Quote from: SamJ93 on April 16, 2023, 06:49:00 AM ---As it stands, though, they desperately need to allow contestants to ring in as soon as the choices are revealed as others mentioned, or at the very least show the buzz-in order lighting up in sequence. The way they do it almost gives the impression to casual viewers that the order is just determined randomly every time.

--- End quote ---
There was a question about tastes where the first and last letters were given and it would have felt right at home as a question in 1973 but when you see the question then answer choices there’s no punch. I get wanting to show a viewing but not listening audience everything but it does lose a ton of emotional punch.

Longer Countdown Round is good and the race for $10k is fine. Top marks for John who is coming into his own as a utility player, but I wonder if the holder of the IP really knew what they had or how heavy of a handGSN wielded.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version