The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

GSN to revive Split Second

<< < (17/17)

Sodboy13:
Yeah if you're there for Tucker at 8, I have to think you were already face down in the slop trough at 7.

Chelsea Thrasher:

--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on April 17, 2023, 07:12:05 PM ---A couple thoughts after seeing the preview:

I *really* liked the opening moment: JM enters, pick up your buzzers, here we go..."and that's how we play Split Second."

I appreciated the set being in oranges and reds.

It seems odd to play for points to determine order in the Countdown Round, but whatever, it's their money.

I *don't* find the format to be "broken." I get that there's no buzzing before the question is finished, but that rule has been okay for 30-something years on Jeopardy. From where I sit, the format is "three part questions, value determined by how many people answer correctly; repeat, doubling the values; Countdown Round where you can answer 1, 2, or 3 parts, first to zero wins."

Having a bonus game that has *something* to do with the main game is, well, a bonus.

I'm thrilled to see this format back on the air.

But for Goodson's sake, get JM a chiropractor for the pain he's incurring holding that dang iPad.

--- End quote ---

Just watched the show for the first time tonight and this largely tracks with my notes. I think their director made a few interesting choices but the game's the thing and what's there is good.  I also appreciated their variation on the Countdown Round - I've always felt that Monty's version got it right making the leader still buzz twice, but pushing 2nd and 3rd back to 6/8 restores some of the "leader's advantage" that the original 3-4-5 conferred.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version