Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Deal or No Deal  (Read 1417 times)

bttritle

Deal or No Deal
« on: March 10, 2004, 05:41:06 PM »
Deal's back on again, and ABC is advertising on line and locally on L.A. radio.  Check out ABC.com, and go to their "Casting" link (at the bottom of the page).

Ben T.

leszekp

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 06:41:59 PM »
The website only lists an audition from last Saturday. Presumably they'll have more, but there's a restriction that will keep Ben and me from trying out: you can't have been on any game or reality show in the past five years.

bttritle

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 07:43:34 PM »
True, but there was a phone number at the bottom (323) 785-2211.  Go figure, in the two hours after I post all of this, they removed the audition from the casting site.  However, they have been advertising the phone number on L.A. radio, so it seems to be open season for that.  As for the GS/RS restriction, they were specific that it was NETWORK shows (still screwed, ah well)

Ben T.

Matt Ottinger

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 10:31:09 PM »
Another thing that will probably keep Leszek and Ben from being even particularly interested:  
I learned from a person who was briefly involved with the production that the American version will completely eliminate the Q&A element of the show.  Just a bunch of random chances and probabilities, best I can tell.

So Q&A fans will have to keep an eye out for whatever 64 Grand Slam is doing.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Brig Bother

Deal or No Deal
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 05:38:21 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Mar 11 2004, 03:31 AM\'] Another thing that will probably keep Leszek and Ben from being even particularly interested:  
I learned from a person who was briefly involved with the production that the American version will completely eliminate the Q&A element of the show.  Just a bunch of random chances and probabilities, best I can tell.
 [/quote]
 To be honest, going by the Aussie version the Q and A bit was no great shakes anyway. And because of the fact the audience were split into eight different sections and you played as a section until late on, your fate was largely decided by the intelligence of the people sitting next to you anyway.

But the probability would feel a bit empty on its own without a qualifier, I reckon. Hmm.