Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Matt O., have you been holding out on us?  (Read 7224 times)

rigsby

Matt O., have you been holding out on us?
« on: March 05, 2004, 11:25:21 AM »
Now, I can't be certain that 1) this hasn't already been mentioned (but I didn't see it anywhere), and 2) if I have the right guy, but the Matt mentioned here as one of the men at Wednesday's Jeopardy taping sure seems like our co-executive producer.

Unless, of course, there is another Matt in the East Lansing area who is a "game show junkie".

Unfortunately, none of this week's taped shows air until fall, but now I guess we have another reason to fire up those VCR's!

zachhoran

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2004, 11:51:07 AM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 11:25 AM\'] Now, I can't be certain that 1) this hasn't already been mentioned (but I didn't see it anywhere), and 2) if I have the right guy, but the Matt mentioned here as one of the men at Wednesday's Jeopardy taping sure seems like our co-executive producer.

Unless, of course, there is another Matt in the East Lansing area who is a "game show junkie".

Unfortunately, none of this week's taped shows air until fall, but now I guess we have another reason to fire up those VCR's! [/quote]
The info given at said website does indeed apply to our co-EP. Whether it is him we'll find out when the time comes.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 07:28:43 PM by zachhoran »

mmb5

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 01:54:50 PM »
I know that someone named Matt will be on Jeopardy on June 21.  Who will that Matt be?  Will it be Matt O., or the owner of the blog above, who is also named Matt?  I'll never tell.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

TimK2003

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 08:32:16 AM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 01:54 PM\'] I know that someone named Matt will be on Jeopardy on June 21.  Who will that Matt be?  Will it be Matt O., or the owner of the blog above, who is also named Matt?  I'll never tell.

--Mike [/quote]
 Well, if it is indeed the person-who-we-think-he-is, then congratulations and best of luck!!!  It couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Wouldn't it be cool if the J! people were thinking after the show, "That Matt would sure make a great successor to Alex if and when Trebek retires down the road..."  He's got the experience.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2004, 04:19:34 PM »
Hmm... that would explain the somewhat cryptic comment in this thread:

I watch Jeopardy every night, and I probably have a more vested interest in doing so that the average person.

Here's hoping that it was a profitable experience... heck, here's hoping that it's still going on!

--
Scott Robinson

WhammyPower

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 08:37:27 AM »
[quote name=\'rigsby\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 10:25 AM\'] Now, I can't be certain that 1) this hasn't already been mentioned (but I didn't see it anywhere), and 2) if I have the right guy, but the Matt mentioned here as one of the men at Wednesday's Jeopardy taping sure seems like our co-executive producer.

Unless, of course, there is another Matt in the East Lansing area who is a "game show junkie". [/quote]
 Maybe we should ask the Dave who commented and said that he knows the Wednesday Matt....

tvrandywest

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 10:45:40 AM »
Here's another clue; reach your own conclusions:
Matt is on an airplane this lovely Sunday morning, returning home from LA.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Timsterino

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 02:54:18 PM »
Go, Matt! I hope you did well, or at least had fun. :-)

Tim :-)

zachhoran

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 07:10:57 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 10:45 AM\'] Here's another clue; reach your own conclusions:

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 If it is indeed you Randy W. is talking about, Matt O., congratu-freaking-lations on being in Jeopardy! on some show(s) airing in June.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2004, 01:06:34 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 10:45 AM\'] Here's another clue; reach your own conclusions:

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 The only bad part about his trip was that he didn't get called a swinger.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

rigsby

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2004, 10:26:21 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 08:37 AM\']Maybe we should ask the Dave who commented and said that he knows the Wednesday Matt....[/quote]
Um, that was me.  I was pretty confident it was him then, and more so now.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2004, 01:28:12 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 07:10 PM\'] If it is indeed you Randy W. is talking about, Matt O., congratu-freaking-lations on being in Jeopardy! on some show(s) airing in June. [/quote]
 Oh.  Crap.  This means someone might actually win the Malcolm Jackpot.  If it's won, I hope Matt will accept either a post-dated check or the value of the Malcolm Jackpot in Peanut M&Ms.

Can anybody refer me to a good bankruptcy lawyer? :-)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2004, 02:14:37 PM »
[quote name=\'hmtriplecrown\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 11:28 AM\'] Oh.  Crap.  This means someone might actually win the Malcolm Jackpot.  If it's won, I hope Matt will accept either a post-dated check or the value of the Malcolm Jackpot in Peanut M&Ms.
 [/quote]
 You already lost the $1.37, remember? Bad football card investment? It was a 2004 Vick, wasn't it?

Don't worry. If in fact he DID collect, I'll cover the $1.37, and I will bump it in the amount of spare change in my wallet right now, which is (whew, caught me after I spent all of the quarters :)) exactly ninety-six cents.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: The Malcolm Jackpot now stands at $2.33.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

grimmte

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2004, 03:43:05 PM »
For us idiots, what is the Malcolm Jackpot?

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2004, 03:54:27 PM »
[quote name=\'grimmte\' date=\'Mar 8 2004, 03:43 PM\'] For us idiots, what is the Malcolm Jackpot? [/quote]
Those who don't know aren't "idiots" at all.  And those of us who do should be ashamed.  (Thanks a lot, Mike!  :-))

The Malcolm Jackpot stems from a rather putrid pilot Alex Trebek hosted in the early eighties called, fittingly enough, Malcolm.  I purposely forgot the premise of this awful show, but it involved two contestants answering "complete the statement" questions with the help of a rubber-animated blob named Malcolm.  Trebek and Malcolm were the best of friends and were the new-day Chuck and Susan.

Unfortunately, Malcolm didn't sell.  But if you go on Jeopardy, draw a sketch of him during FJ, and have Alex recognize his long lost buddy you would win...

[font=\"Geneva\"]$2.33!!![/font]

Isn't that exciting? (Actually, I would love to see that happen.)

Brandon Brooks
« Last Edit: March 08, 2004, 03:57:20 PM by Brandon Brooks »