Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I just watched 100 Mex. Dijeron  (Read 1436 times)

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
I just watched 100 Mex. Dijeron
« on: March 18, 2004, 02:35:48 PM »
My wife got me Dish Network for my B-day earlier this month.  After 8 months of not having cable (not available on my street..that's another topic!), I tirelessly watched GSN and Nick GAS, catching up on all my missed favorites.  Of all the new programming that I am getting used to, my favorite is undoubtedly '100 Mexicanos Dijeron' on Telefutura.

The host, Marco Antonio Rejil, is a Mexican version of Ray Combs.  Richard Karn is a great host, but if he relaxed as much as Marco, he could be MUCH better.  The set is awesome!  I like the big board better than the current US version.  It kind of reminds me of the Grand Ole Opry specials from the Combs' days.  I like how it displays game-related messages (A Jugar! -- meaning "To Play" in English.  Means "Let's play!" to the Spanish-speaking world).  The girls aren't a bad addition, either!  :-)  LOL.

"Rapido Dinero", or "Fast Money" round is identical to the US version. Cool!  

A great addition is the 1-hour format, something the US version should do since it runs for an hour in most markets anyway.  For those who don't get Telefutura, the winner of the 1st half of the show gets $5000 pesos for winning and a shot at $100K pesos (about $9600US today) in "Rapido Dinero".  They then introduce the defending champs from the previous day's show (starting to sound like "The New Family Feud Challenge"...)  A normal game is played, (Single, Single, Double, Triple points) until a family reaches 300 points.  That family plays "Rapido Dinero" for up to $200K pesos!  A nice twist is that they "borrowed" an idea from the Dawson days (remember the birthday lollipop trees??).  Well now, the family playing the 2nd-half "Rapido Dinero" pulls a lollipop which can determine if they get will play for $200K or $100K pesos.  Note: if the defending champs win the "feud", they will return for the next day's 2nd-half show.  They can win up to 6 times before being retired.  Dollars won are displayed by the CG in both Pesos and US dollars.

My only beef with the show is that it is in Spanish!  ;-)  My Spanish is so rusty that I have to watch the Closed Captioning sometimes so I can translate as I read!  GREAT SHOW!  I will definitely be making a couple of tapes!

Telefutura is available in the "America's Top 150" and "America's Top 180" programming packages.

Matthew
--Matt

uncamark

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 04:04:00 PM »
[quote name=\'mparrish11\' date=\'Mar 18 2004, 02:35 PM\']A great addition is the 1-hour format, something the US version should do since it runs for an hour in most markets anyway.  For those who don't get Telefutura, the winner of the 1st half of the show gets $5000 pesos for winning and a shot at $100K pesos (about $9600US today) in "Rapido Dinero".  They then introduce the defending champs from the previous day's show (starting to sound like "The New Family Feud Challenge"...)  A normal game is played, (Single, Single, Double, Triple points) until a family reaches 300 points.  That family plays "Rapido Dinero" for up to $200K pesos!  A nice twist is that they "borrowed" an idea from the Dawson days (remember the birthday lollipop trees??).  Well now, the family playing the 2nd-half "Rapido Dinero" pulls a lollipop which can determine if they get will play for $200K or $100K pesos.  Note: if the defending champs win the "feud", they will return for the next day's 2nd-half show.  They can win up to 6 times before being retired.  Dollars won are displayed by the CG in both Pesos and US dollars.

[/quote]
I believe the graphic with the U.S. funds is added by Telefutura to the tape of the original show.

Telefutura is available in the "America's Top 150" and "America's Top 180" programming packages.

It's also on broadcast TV in most major cities and perhaps some cable systems in Spanish-speaking areas of the country.

JMFabiano

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 05:43:25 PM »
Yes, I'm glad you've discovered 100MD too.  In my opinion, it beats ANY US version of FF that has been released since 1994.  Actually, a case could be made for "since 1992," as FF Challenge is when the Combs version jumped the shark, since the Bullseye game watered down the rest of the main game.  Yet 100MD IMPROVED on our attempt at a one-hour format as well, sticking to the basics and adding the "palletas" (sp?)  game for the second Dinero Rapido.  

And of course 100MD is great cause it just feels like the classic Feud, with pretty much the same game format, and a host that is funny and natural (i.e. less "walking cue card-like")  How Fremantle can do this for the Spanish market and still not quite get things right for the US version I'll never know.
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 05:00:40 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' date=\'Mar 18 2004, 05:43 PM\']And of course 100MD is great cause it just feels like the classic Feud, with pretty much the same game format, and a host that is funny and natural (i.e. less "walking cue card-like")  How Fremantle can do this for the Spanish market and still not quite get things right for the US version I'll never know.[/quote]
Fremantle's involement in "100 MD" may not be much more than collecting the format license checks and sending out bibles, episode tapes and set floor plans--it could be that there's someone at Televisa who has an exceptional game show sense (since they hold the copyright for the show, as demonstrated in their patented copyright notice crawl over the titles).