The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR 2023 Q1 happenings

<< < (8/17) > >>

TLEberle:
I can see why Strike it Rich didn’t leave much of a mark. The game isn’t all that interesting, though moderately more difficult material would have helped that. The other issue is that the prizes seemed schizophrenic—thousands of chocolate candies, a Rolls Royce for a week and cookery classes are mixed with stuff that would be seen on any other game show like a VCR, spa and the like. I think Sale of the Century did that part better. Lastly going for $5,000 seemed like long odds for an amount of money that was less than the prize package.

tvwxman:

--- Quote from: TLEberle on January 21, 2023, 07:45:30 PM ---I can see why Strike it Rich didn’t leave much of a mark. The game isn’t all that interesting, though moderately more difficult material would have helped that. The other issue is that the prizes seemed schizophrenic—thousands of chocolate candies, a Rolls Royce for a week and cookery classes are mixed with stuff that would be seen on any other game show like a VCR, spa and the like. I think Sale of the Centudy did that part better. Lastly going for $5,000 seemed like long odds for an amount of money that was less than the prize package.

--- End quote ---
Like so many other Brit shows, this was, I think, built for Michael Barrymore to be an entertainer. The game was almost an aside on the show, after 10 minutes of contestant interviews.

The US version ? Just the opposite. Yawn.

I love the UK version. I never liked the US version.

gamed121683:
Well, since we're talking about To Tell The Truth '80 in this thread...Is it just me or does the theme song kind of sound like the Password Plus theme a bit?

Clay Zambo:

--- Quote from: gamed121683 on January 22, 2023, 09:22:49 AM ---Well, since we're talking about To Tell The Truth '80 in this thread...Is it just me or does the theme song kind of sound like the Password Plus theme a bit?

--- End quote ---

It's just you.

No, seriously, the opening fanfare is quite similar rhythmically and structurally, but that's about it. (Well, the other similarity is that I think both themes are total bops.)

SuperMatch93:
It always reminded me of the Hustle, honestly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version