The Game Show Forum > Game Show Channels & Networks

BUZZR 2023 Q1 happenings

<< < (9/17) > >>

TimK2003:

--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on January 22, 2023, 01:31:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: gamed121683 on January 22, 2023, 09:22:49 AM ---Well, since we're talking about To Tell The Truth '80 in this thread...Is it just me or does the theme song kind of sound like the Password Plus theme a bit?

--- End quote ---

It's just you.

No, seriously, the opening fanfare is quite similar rhythmically and structurally, but that's about it. (Well, the other similarity is that I think both themes are total bops.)

--- End quote ---

I think there were several Score Productions "phases" where a lot of their themes (especially from the 70s onward) had the same type of rhythms/instruments used. 

For example, the first Tattletales theme had several similarities to the Narz Concentration theme; Classic Concentration/Body Language; and even non G/T shows -- Moneymaze and Big Showdown.

Look at all the early-mid 70's Heatter-Quigley themes that were heavy on the electronic Moog sounds.

tyshaun1:

--- Quote from: TimK2003 on January 22, 2023, 02:43:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Clay Zambo on January 22, 2023, 01:31:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: gamed121683 on January 22, 2023, 09:22:49 AM ---Well, since we're talking about To Tell The Truth '80 in this thread...Is it just me or does the theme song kind of sound like the Password Plus theme a bit?

--- End quote ---

It's just you.

No, seriously, the opening fanfare is quite similar rhythmically and structurally, but that's about it. (Well, the other similarity is that I think both themes are total bops.)

--- End quote ---

I think there were several Score Productions "phases" where a lot of their themes (especially from the 70s onward) had the same type of rhythms/instruments used. 

For example, the first Tattletales theme had several similarities to the Narz Concentration theme; Classic Concentration/Body Language; and even non G/T shows -- Moneymaze and Big Showdown.

Look at all the early-mid 70's Heatter-Quigley themes that were heavy on the electronic Moog sounds.

--- End quote ---
That's because Concentration & Tattletales were composed by Edd Kalehoff, Classic and Body Language were by Paul Epstein, and Moneymaze and Big Showdown were by Walt Levinsky.

BillCullen1:

--- Quote from: MikeK on December 20, 2022, 08:24:38 PM ---I just saw an ad saying Lost and Found is returning in January.
--- End quote ---

That was enjoyable. I'm hoping next year they show Puzzlers and Spell Binders.

SRIV94:
Weirdness today.  Yesterday BUZZR moves ahead with Perry CS (ep 519, OAD:  4/25/80).  After skipping 520, BUZZR airs 521, with a poll group plug edited out, a contestant plug left in, and a ticket plug at the end replaced by. . .a "get in touch with Game Show Network" bumper.

Think we also have fresh TT as well (February 1976 vintage).

Chelsea Thrasher:

--- Quote from: SRIV94 on February 07, 2023, 06:38:14 PM ---a "get in touch with Game Show Network" bumper.

--- End quote ---

A significant number of Fremantle's copies of episodes come from GSN ca. the 1990s to early 2000s - and back in the day, those promos were dubbed over plugs that GSN didn't air on the master tape.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version