Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two Pyramid questions  (Read 1306 times)

Jay Temple

Two Pyramid questions
« on: March 05, 2004, 10:57:23 PM »
1) During Pyramid Thursdays, I remember seeing one or more 10K eps that began with a shot of the Winner's Circle and an intro something like, "Look at this space.  This is where someone could win $10,000."  Are these the Barbara Feldon/John Schuck episodes?  (I'm looking at people's tape trade websites and I need to know what to request.)

2) Can anyone tell me the first week that the 7-11 didn't have the option of going $50 a point?  I'm putting the information I've gotten from various sources in a single place, and that would be a useful piece to include.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

pyrfan

Two Pyramid questions
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 01:19:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Mar 5 2004, 10:57 PM\']1) During Pyramid Thursdays, I remember seeing one or more 10K eps that began with a shot of the Winner's Circle and an intro something like, "Look at this space.  This is where someone could win $10,000."  Are these the Barbara Feldon/John Schuck episodes?  (I'm looking at people's tape trade websites and I need to know what to request.)

2) Can anyone tell me the first week that the 7-11 didn't have the option of going $50 a point?  I'm putting the information I've gotten from various sources in a single place, and that would be a useful piece to include.[/quote]
1) All of the Feldon/Schuck episodes had the montages of past wins at the opening of each show. The Kaye Ballard/Richard Deacon episode, to the best of my knowledge, has the intro you mention.

2) The first week that the contestants no longer had the $50 option on "The New $25,000 Pyramid" was the week of January 21, 1985, featuring Betty White and Nathan Cook. No mention was made of the rule change, however. Just for extra info, the very next week (with guests Patty Duke and Nipsey Russell), the show finally dropped the word "new" from its title.

Brendan

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Two Pyramid questions
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2004, 02:21:31 AM »
[quote name=\'pyrfan\' date=\'Mar 6 2004, 01:19 AM\'] 2) The first week that the contestants no longer had the $50 option on "The New $25,000 Pyramid" was the week of January 21, 1985, featuring Betty White and Nathan Cook. [/quote]
 The month sounds right, but I thought it occured in either 1983 or 1984..
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jay Temple

Two Pyramid questions
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2004, 01:59:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure 1985 is right.  I remember noticing that it was just in time, since the $100K premiered that fall.

Thanks, Brendan!
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.