Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The new gsn web page  (Read 6654 times)

familyfeudfan

The new gsn web page
« on: March 07, 2004, 02:05:54 AM »
Has anyone sean Game show networks new web site. If not look hear:

http://scratchy.gameshownetwork.com/commun...?threadid=57420

1978-Jeopardy

The new gsn web page
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2004, 06:36:19 AM »
Cool web page! Under the "weiw shows" section, click on Hollywood squares -- the pictures are from the marshall version, and a picture of Peter Marshall appears on the side! Of course, I'm getting my hopes up again, but who knows? Maybe they'll give it another try.

WhammyPower

The new gsn web page
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 08:32:19 AM »
Also, under "View Games" there is a "Black Jack Plus".

I wonder what that could possibly be.... [/sarcastic]

DrBear

The new gsn web page
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 09:12:57 AM »
[quote name=\'WhammyPower\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 07:32 AM\'] Also, under "View Games" there is a "Black Jack Plus".

I wonder what that could possibly be.... [/sarcastic] [/quote]
 Well, every time you win a hand, a word in the Blackjack Puzzle is revealed....
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

CJBojangles

The new gsn web page
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2004, 09:54:01 AM »
I personally think this idea of mixing all kinds of gaming, being it game shows, reality, and video games - is a disastrous mixture.

Maybe they'll be going for a larger demographic, but whether or not it actually brings in more viewers, time will tell.

This homepage is pretty snazzy - It's time they had a makeover.

Anyone think if this bombs they'll go back to the old format?

How are these video game shows doing in ratings anyhow?

P.S. The comment "Play GSN interactive! It's nifty!" on the home page just humors me.

P.P.S. Looks like they've moved PYL back to weekdays!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 09:58:38 AM by CJBojangles »

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
The new gsn web page
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 10:22:19 AM »
I'm 100% certain the schedule is a fake. Besides the fact that it's in Pacific and not Eastern times, I don't see "Greed" or "Kenny v Spenny" running 5 nights/week, plus there's no mention of "Fake-a-Date" or the Blackjack show.
@lambertman

PeterMarshallFan

The new gsn web page
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2004, 11:15:45 AM »
Maybe they haven't completed it yet...

But the idea of Shafer MG and Marshall HS possibly back is nice to think about.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
The new gsn web page
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 11:18:05 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 10:22 AM\'] I'm 100% certain the schedule is a fake. Besides the fact that it's in Pacific and not Eastern times, I don't see "Greed" or "Kenny v Spenny" running 5 nights/week, plus there's no mention of "Fake-a-Date" or the Blackjack show. [/quote]
 It would appear the page got "updated", as now Kenny/Spenny is there, as well as Greed.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

PeterMarshallFan

The new gsn web page
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 11:19:32 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 12:18 PM\'] [quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 10:22 AM\'] I'm 100% certain the schedule is a fake. Besides the fact that it's in Pacific and not Eastern times, I don't see "Greed" or "Kenny v Spenny" running 5 nights/week, plus there's no mention of "Fake-a-Date" or the Blackjack show. [/quote]
It would appear the page got "updated", as now Kenny/Spenny is there, as well as Greed. [/quote]
 I tihnk what he meant was that they had those two shows on every day. I didn't look for Greed but Kenny vs. Spenny is indeed on in almost every day.

PeterMarshallFan

The new gsn web page
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2004, 11:27:13 AM »
Is anyone else having trouble with the registration email? I got it, but the activation link is broken and the "confirmation code" link eventually leads to a dead page as well.

adamjk

The new gsn web page
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2004, 11:40:57 AM »
I'm thinking it is likely a fake. After all, the Saturday schedule is the same as the weekday schedule. Doesn't make sense to me.

Not only that, but no All Star Feud on Saturday either
« Last Edit: March 07, 2004, 11:42:14 AM by adamjk »

daveromanjr

The new gsn web page
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2004, 12:44:35 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 11:15 AM\'] But the idea of Shafer MG and Marshall HS possibly back is nice to think about. [/quote]
 I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Shafer's MG... with its self-contained format (i hope that's the right terminology) like MGPM, they could easily make that version interactive... perhaps.

Esoteric Eric

The new gsn web page
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2004, 12:44:38 PM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 08:40 AM\']
Not only that, but no All Star Feud on Saturday either[/quote]
Hey, has anyone confirmed that the Saturday night GSN Feud is even gonna be an hour-long ep, let alone an ABC All-Star Special?

A few weeks back, in another thread...(This One)
... I hypothesized that the extra 30 minutes allotted to FF in the new schedule could be the slop-over time for Games Across America (and yes, I do mean slop)

Esoteric Eric, IQ 125 (if you believe Test the Nation 2)
Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

PeterMarshallFan

The new gsn web page
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2004, 12:50:26 PM »
[quote name=\'daveromanjr\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 01:44 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Mar 7 2004, 11:15 AM\'] But the idea of Shafer MG and Marshall HS possibly back is nice to think about. [/quote]
I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Shafer's MG... with its self-contained format (i hope that's the right terminology) like MGPM, they could easily make that version interactive... perhaps. [/quote]
 That's certainly possible. The only stumbling block MIGHT be the Match-Up!! rounds, but something akin to a "how many matches will <contestant> get?" might work.

gtbecbp

The new gsn web page
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »
Why is Peter Marshall so prominent on the website in the HS section?  Someone had mentioned this, and after checking it out, I was suprised!!  Not trying to get anyones' hopes up, but it's strange............

Ben